Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
    Lacrosse footwear
    Photobucket
    Carbon Express
    Photobucket
    Black Gold Sights
    Photobucket
    Nimrod Packs
    Photobucket
    SKB Bow and Gun Cases
    Photobucket
    Bohning Archery
    Photobucket
    G5 Broadheads
    Photobucket
    Scent Blocker
    Photobucket

Montecs CS

Go down 
    +4
    TheRomer
    Camoed Assassin
    cropdustersteve
    Dave
    8 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Dave

Dave

Montecs CS Empty
    PostSubject: Montecs CS   Montecs CS EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:53 am

If your in the market for a top of the line fixed blade broadhead then do yourself a favor and check out G5's Montec CS. The CS stands for Carbon Steel and the blades are 25% sharper than the original Montecs. That is scary sharp. Another great feature about these broadheads is that they are easily resharpened, so you don't have to keep dumping money into replacement blades. Another feature I really like is how it is a one piece cut on contact design. That means that you dont need to worry about blades falling out, O rings or washers becoming loose. It comes in 100 grains with a 1 1/16 inch cutting diameter and is 100% spin tested for perfect arrow flight. This is just a Mans broadhead that was made to get the job done. I love the sleek, but yet nasty sharpness of the head. Whitetails dont stand a chance against it.

Montecs CS 019
    Back to top Go down
    cropdustersteve

cropdustersteve

Montecs CS Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Montecs CS   Montecs CS EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:23 am

Been wanting to try them out for a long time now, but I've never been able to drag myself away from my Muzzies. Would be nice to have a set to try out. Which sharpener do they recommend?
    Back to top Go down
    Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Montecs CS Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Montecs CS   Montecs CS EmptySun May 23, 2010 6:25 pm

cropdustersteve wrote:
    Been wanting to try them out for a long time now, but I've never been able to drag myself away from my Muzzies. Would be nice to have a set to try out. Which sharpener do they recommend?

They make sharpeners for them in a couple different stles I believe.
    Back to top Go down
    TheRomer

Montecs CS Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Montecs CS   Montecs CS EmptySun May 23, 2010 6:28 pm

good looking broadhead
    Back to top Go down
    30pointbuck

Montecs CS Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Montecs CS   Montecs CS EmptySun May 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Great broadheads.
    Back to top Go down
    Robert

Robert

Montecs CS Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Montecs CS   Montecs CS EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:31 pm

I've used the montecs in the past and this year I'll be using the CS ones. I love the design of them and I've had more than a few pass throughs with them as well. Even had one at 53 yards on a doe. The cut on contact is series business for sure. I also like that you can get practice heads that are identical to them in every way but the razor edge so you know exactly how it's gonna shoot when you get it stand without having to mess a couple up on targets
    Back to top Go down
    HuntRed79

Montecs CS Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Montecs CS   Montecs CS EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:51 am

I love these broadheads. I have shot the G5 Montec's for a while and happened to meet a salesman for G5 and he gave me a couple of the carbon steel broadheads to try before they went on the market. If you like a fixed broadhead you won't be disappointed in these.
    Back to top Go down
    Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan

Montecs CS Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Montecs CS   Montecs CS EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:09 pm

I have some 85 & 100gr SS Montec & used them with great success. I can get the SS to shave & only then will I use them.

You just can't stop the MONTEC affraid
    Back to top Go down
    Robert

Robert

Montecs CS Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Montecs CS   Montecs CS EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Rev. Juan wrote:
    I have some 85 & 100gr SS Montec & used them with great success. I can get the SS to shave & only then will I use them.

You just can't stop the MONTEC affraid

Can you share your secret to getting that kind of edge on them
    Back to top Go down
    Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan

Montecs CS Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Montecs CS   Montecs CS EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:06 pm

1st plate glass
    2nd black marker
    3rd 600grit, 1200grit wet/dry auto sand paper
    4th leather strap

1st Thing is to mark the blade edges on the angle

Then place the 600grit on the plate glass & point the tip of the head away from you & as you apply light pressure pull the head back to you. After the marker is removed from the blade move to the 1200.

The 1200grit will take some time & remember to use light pressure & pulling back to you striate. Keep enough water on the paper to keep it from clogging up. This will take some time 30min avg. At this point you can check the blade by sliding it down your fingernail like you are shaving. When it bights your fingernail your ready to use the strap.

I take the strap & place it on the table so I can apply flat pressure. Keep the same backwards motion during the whole time.

This gives me an awesome edge.

Hope this helpes.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Montecs CS Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Montecs CS   Montecs CS Empty

Back to top Go down

Montecs CS
    Page 1 of 1