Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

A little help on where to Hunt

Go down 
+3
volway
Camoed Assassin
grampscreek
7 posters
AuthorMessage
grampscreek

A little help on where to Hunt Empty
PostSubject: A little help on where to Hunt   A little help on where to Hunt EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Everyone, I am looking to find the best bow hunt for the Money. I really think I want to go on a hunt in Iowa, but I am up for suggestions. Either outfitter that have great bucks for a good price or even hot state or federal land to hunt yourself. I have a little one due this November so this year is out but maybe next year. Anyone have suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: A little help on where to Hunt   A little help on where to Hunt EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 pm

The only outfitter I have used in Iowa and Illinois is Performance outdoors. They have great land but are getting pretty expensive. Their 5-6 day hunts during the rut are going to set you back a little over $3000 but they have great land and plenty of it.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: A little help on where to Hunt   A little help on where to Hunt EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:31 pm

Well if your gonna hunt Iowa you will need at least 2 preference points,if you have never got a point it will be 2 yrs before you will be able to hunt Iowa,I would check out Corn Crib Outfitters in Illinois,we will have their info on here before long,they have great ground and very good prices for that area,In Illinois you have to put in for your tags through the draw system but it's pretty much a lock on getting tags there now,the draw is the first of June till the end of June. But they usually have left over tags so you could probally get one on line,my biggest problem with Iowa & Illinois is the price of their tags,a archery ONLY is $425,but I buy one for Illinois every year and one in Iowa every 2 years (when I get my points back up) so I guess it's not making me to mad huh? LOL

But if you want to hunt where the big deer are your gonna have to pay.

Also you may want check out Kentucky Trophy Bucks,myself and alot of the guys on here know as well that Chuck has some great ground,plus Ky tags are over the counter and they only run $190.

Have anymore questions feel free to contact me.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: A little help on where to Hunt   A little help on where to Hunt EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:00 am

volway wrote:
Also you may want check out Kentucky Trophy Bucks,myself and alot of the guys on here know as well that Chuck has some great ground,plus Ky tags are over the counter and they only run $190.

Thats who i would check into hunted there this year for turkey and this place is amazing, when turkey hunting we saw tons of deer.

Im hopeing to get up there this year for a deer hunt.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: A little help on where to Hunt   A little help on where to Hunt EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:32 am

I agree. Corn Crib in Illinois would be a good choice or Kentucky Trophy bucks as well. Either one will provide a really good hunt for the money. Not a lot of outfitters in Iowa because of the draw system. Well that and I believe the tags are pricey as well
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Re: A little help on where to Hunt   A little help on where to Hunt EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Buckhorn out fitters in ILL with Rob Scott.
He is the real deal with thousands of acers in ill to hunt on private ground. He is the real deal. Down to earth real hunter. I know him personally. Rates are reasonable. All the Noth American whtetail boys like Stan Pots hunt with him. Pat reeves and many others have hunted with im as well. I recomend you check him out.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: A little help on where to Hunt   A little help on where to Hunt EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:30 pm

TheRomer wrote:
volway wrote:

Thats who i would check into hunted there this year for turkey and this place is amazing, when turkey hunting we saw tons of deer.

Im hopeing to get up there this year for a deer hunt.

X2 Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: A little help on where to Hunt   A little help on where to Hunt EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Volway is right. Corn Crib has the best prices I have seen for that area of Illi. And I have hunted that county 3 years and they have lots of really nice deer . The prices for tags are outrageous but you have to pay to play. And Kentucky Trophy Bucks does have some great ground and from what I have seen they have some great deer to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little help on where to Hunt   A little help on where to Hunt Empty

Back to top Go down

A little help on where to Hunt
Page 1 of 1