Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe Empty
PostSubject: Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe   Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:58 pm

With the new baby on the way I decided it was time to look into getting a gun safe. I checked out many companies and I could not be happier with the choice I made. I wanted a safe that was affordable, but not cheaply made like a lot of the safes out there. I also wanted a safe with a higher end look and a combination. The safe that I chose was the SentrySafe G5241.

The G5241 offers real security protection for your long guns and rifles and can hold up to 14, depending on the type stored. The locking mechanism is a 3-number combination lock, with lever pull handle to open. The dial is very smooth turning and the locking mechanism features 3 steel live-locking bolts with 3 dead bolts and a hardened steel plate which protects the lock from drill attacks highlight the feature which make this gun safe secure. The door is really heavy and gives you peace of mind. Another great feature on the inside is an adjustable shelf. The shelf is great for storing other things like boxes of ammo or a couple hand guns. You'll also appreciate the carpeted interior which protects your valuable guns from nicks and scratches. The safe can be anchored to the floor or wall with the bolt-down hardware which is included. It weighs a 182 lbs. and is black in color.

Again a recap of the safes features are:
14 long gun maximum capacity
3 number combination lock
Solid steel, pry resistant door
3 steel live-locking bolts/3 dead bolts
Concealed hinges
Meets California Department of Justice standards for firearm safety
Carpeted Adjustable shelf
Fully Carpeted interior for added protection
Chrome Hardware with lever handle for a high end appearance

Another thing to keep in mind that the safe is sold at Home Depot. Chances are you have one close to your town, so you can pick one up on your own and you wont have to worry about getting the safe shipped to you.

Home Depot website add:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100196980&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&srccode=cii_16079562&cpncode=18-64400220-2&cm_mmc=shopping-_-become-_-25-_-100196980

SentrySafe Website:
http://www.sentrysafe.com/

Pics:
Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe DSC_0192

Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe DSC_0194

Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe DSC_0187

Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe DSC_0190

Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe DSC_0191

Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe DSC_0195

Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe DSC_0197
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe   Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:13 pm

That ought to keep her,a fire and any thiefs out.

I need to get me a good safe too someday
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe   Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Nice looking safe. Been looking at them myself too. That's right in line with what I'm wanting
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe   Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Nice safe Dave.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe   Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:11 pm

Looking good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe   Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe Empty

Back to top Go down

Product Review: Sentry Gun Safe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: The Gear Shack :: Hot New Products-
Jump to: