Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Tried something new tonight

Go down 
+4
Dave
TheRomer
Camoed Assassin
Robert
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert

Robert

Tried something new tonight Empty
PostSubject: Tried something new tonight   Tried something new tonight EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:24 pm

A couple weeks ago I was in Gander buying some wood chips for the smoker and saw some wood planks for cooking on. They are about 5 inches wide and about 10 inches long and are flavored like the smoker chips. They came in four packs so I picked up some in cedar and some in Alder. Well tonight I put them to use with a big nasty piece of salmon for my wife. Fired up the grill and cooked the salmon on Medium low for about 35 minutes. My wife is a Salmon lover to say the least and she said that it was the best flavored salmon she'd ever had. The planks gave it a bit of a smokey alder flavor and I'd used some lemon pepper seasoning as well but I really think the planks made the difference. Really did a good job of cooking the salmon nice and even. A four pack was under 10 bucks and each plank can be used 2 or 3 times so it's not expensive at all. Looks like you can use them for fish, chicken, ribs, and other meats. I've seen them at most outdoor stores so they should be easy to pick up.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Tried something new tonight   Tried something new tonight EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:25 pm

I've seen those before and my brother has used them before on fish and swears by them.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Tried something new tonight   Tried something new tonight EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Ive seen them befoer but never have tried them, guess ill have to give them a try
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Tried something new tonight   Tried something new tonight EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Odly enought, I was just looking at them this weekend... will have to get some now. Thanks for the info on them.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Tried something new tonight   Tried something new tonight EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Never used them here either. Sounds great. I love salmon myself.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Tried something new tonight   Tried something new tonight EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:31 pm

I was reading that a lot of the upper end seafood places use them. Now I know why too. Made a great piece of Salmon
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Tried something new tonight   Tried something new tonight EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:02 pm

going to have to check them out
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: Tried something new tonight   Tried something new tonight EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:01 am

Maybe I will have to give them a try...I can't seem to get a piece of fish to taste good on the grill.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Tried something new tonight   Tried something new tonight EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:35 pm

My neighbor uses them and my brother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tried something new tonight   Tried something new tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Tried something new tonight
Page 1 of 1