Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Halloween Buck

Go down 
+7
Snivs
oregonzach
TheRomer
Robert
Dave
30pointbuck
Archer Ed
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Archer Ed

Archer Ed

Halloween Buck Empty
PostSubject: Halloween Buck   Halloween Buck EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 10:33 pm

“Hallowed be thy Game”

Trick or treat and doe in heat equals another trophy and food to eat,

It was morning of Halloween Day. I was excited to get in my stand just before sunrise and I was expecting to see some action, but to my surprise 9:30 rolled around and I decided the morning was a bust. I moved to a second spot where I had been doctoring up a scrape line with Hoosier Trapper Supply, Doe in Heat. On our way out I spotted a couple of does playing around near some heavy cover and decided I wanted to try and take one more for the freezer. My camera man asked if I wanted him to film it and I said there was no need as we have two doe kills on tape this year already and told him I would meet him back at the truck. I used a small dried up creek bed to stalk within shooting range and just as I was going to draw for the shot I heard something from my left and out of this huge deadfall not ten yards from me rises this massive buck! He was bedded a few yards from an active scrape I had been putting HTS Doe in heat in for the last three days. I must have startled him but not enough and he began to walk stiff legged towards me to investigate. I dared not move a muscle and I was sure he could hear my heart beat coming out of my throat. He eventually calmed down and turned to look at the does who were now approaching. As he did I stood up in hopes of a shot but he sensed the movement, snorted and took off running through the woods. For whatever reason I took off too, running after him as fast as I could and within a hundred yards he had stopped to try and figure out what was running after him. He was on the top of a fairly steep hill and he turned slightly quartering towards me at around 60 yards. I could see the white patch on his throat and the front left shoulder sitting perfectly between to saplings. I told myself all I had to do was put it between and before I could even finish my thoughts I had drawn back my new custom Black Widow bow and released the arrow. It seemed like time had come to a stand still as I watched my white fletched arrow hit its mark perfectly between the front shoulder and the base of the neck. The wooden arrow was tipped with a Zwickey two blade, “No Mercy Series” Broadhead and it sank to the fletch. I hit him so hard it looked like I had broken his shoulder as he bull dozed angling downwards. He ran about fifteen yards and ran right into an old oak tree, fell backwards and expired within seconds. It all happened so fast, I’m still trying to catch up.

Two things, I am positive about today. One, the buck was bedded by the scrape because he was anticipating the return of the hot doe he thought was in the area and two, had my cameraman been with me I would not be telling this story. Instead it would have been about the one that got away. Sometimes its nice to share a solemn moment with our Creator whom made it all possible and to him I give all the Glory.

Halloween Buck 2010_u10

Halloween Buck Bullwi10
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Halloween Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Buck   Halloween Buck EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Welcome to the Affliction. Tell your friends about the site, post away and have a good time with down to earth folks here. cheers
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Halloween Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Buck   Halloween Buck EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 11:45 pm

There you go my friend. Picts. up. WOW thats a pig. Nice buck. Makes it even better with the trad. bow.
very very nice.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Halloween Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Buck   Halloween Buck EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

First, congrats on the kill. That is truley an amaxing buck and story. Thanks for taking the time to type it all out and for posting the pics. Well done!

Welcome to the site as well... looking forward to interacting with you on here. I especially like the way you wrapped up you story. God bless.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Halloween Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Buck   Halloween Buck EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:01 am

Great buck Eddie. Welcome to the site and glad to see you are still sporting the trad bow.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Halloween Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Buck   Halloween Buck EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:38 am

Great Buck Eddie, A big congrats to ya he is a stud for sure.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Halloween Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Buck   Halloween Buck EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Man that buck is a monster! What an amazing hunt, thanks for sharing. What county were you in? Wonder what it'll score, thats one of the most beautiful whitetails I've ever seen!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Halloween Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Buck   Halloween Buck EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:29 pm

oregonzach wrote:
Man that buck is a monster! What an amazing hunt, thanks for sharing. What county were you in? Wonder what it'll score, thats one of the most beautiful whitetails I've ever seen!

X2
And with a traditional bow, Man that is way too sweet.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

Halloween Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Buck   Halloween Buck EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:40 pm

All I can say is WOW. That is a great buck.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Halloween Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Buck   Halloween Buck EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:37 pm

Welcome to the Affliction, Nice buck
Back to top Go down
HuntRed79

Halloween Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Buck   Halloween Buck EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:57 pm

WOW, now that is a way to make an entrance.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Halloween Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Buck   Halloween Buck EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:40 pm

very nice buck....congrats!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy