Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Homemade turkey barn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fullrut

Homemade turkey barn Empty
PostSubject: Homemade turkey barn   Homemade turkey barn EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:09 am

Yesterday me and my little girl spent about 4 hours building our new turkey barn. We took an old peice of playground equipment(looks just like a round bale feeder) and started from there. We took some scrap 2x4s and wired them to the top of the frame then stapled heavy plastic to them. Then we took some old trim and screwed it down on top of the plastic into the 2x4s. We took some old mossy oak fabric and zip tied it to the frame, then took some old filter cloth and ziptied it to the upper part of the frame. We left the zip ties on the filter cloth loose so we could raise it up and down just like curtains. We built this whole thing with scraps we found in the barn. We finished up last night at about 7:00 and at 7:45 there were 2 toms strutting within easy shooting distance of it. I am definitely gonna keep my eyes open for old round bale feeders, they make a great frame to start with.
Homemade turkey barn IMG_0471
Homemade turkey barn IMG_0472
Homemade turkey barn IMG_0473
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Homemade turkey barn   Homemade turkey barn EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:24 am

Now thats what i call a blind<looks like it will be awesome to shoot out of and sounds like the turkey are allready use to it. can beat a blind that cost you nothing, good job to you two cheers
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Homemade turkey barn   Homemade turkey barn EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:13 pm

Dang, Chris thats awesome. Great blind.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Homemade turkey barn   Homemade turkey barn EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:33 pm

great looking blind...should be some good turkey shooting out of it!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Homemade turkey barn   Homemade turkey barn EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Looks good Chris... Sounds like it was a great project for you and your daughter and it will be really meaningful when you take a nice Tom out of it. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homemade turkey barn   Homemade turkey barn Empty

Back to top Go down

Homemade turkey barn
Page 1 of 1