Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Tree Lounge opinions??

Go down 
+4
Jody
Robert
TheRomer
oregonzach
8 posters
AuthorMessage
oregonzach

oregonzach

Tree Lounge opinions?? Empty
PostSubject: Tree Lounge opinions??   Tree Lounge opinions?? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:18 pm

Hey guys, I just got an unreal deal on a tree lounge stand. It has the bow hunting platform, gun rail, and wheels that attach to make it a deer cart. I looked it up online, for all of it is almost $600. It was all new in the box at a garage sale for $100, so of course I snapped it up. It really looks comfortable, but I've never talked to anyone who has used one, I've just read that they are a bear to lug around and horrible to climb with.

Any opinions on the tree lounge?
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Tree Lounge opinions??   Tree Lounge opinions?? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:43 pm

A buddy of mine has one and hardly ever uses it. they are a very comfortable stand and you can sit in them all day even take a nap in them,but when he is hauling it in and out of the woods you can hear him comeing a mile away. it rattles like crazy. and it is loud setting up and takeing down. would be great if you had a place where you could leave it set up all season.

This is just my opinion on them. have heard some ppl say they really like them
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Tree Lounge opinions??   Tree Lounge opinions?? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:56 am

I've heard they are sleep ready which is great for you, lol. Only heard that they are hard to climb with
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Tree Lounge opinions??   Tree Lounge opinions?? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 8:16 pm

I've been interested over the years but they are bulky and I bet noisy. I'll take a compact stand any day like the Muddy stands and sticks. For a hundred bucks you could not go wrong. Test it out. I know it will be comfortable. You also get almost 360* shooting since you are away from the tree.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Tree Lounge opinions??   Tree Lounge opinions?? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 pm

I've never used one...... nor do I have any experience with them

let us know how you like it

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
mibigbuckhunter

mibigbuckhunter

PostSubject: Re: Tree Lounge opinions??   Tree Lounge opinions?? EmptyMon May 25, 2009 4:10 pm

I used one a few years ago at a bear camp. Like Romer said about his buddies they are loud hauling them, But are comfortable as heck when you are in them.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Tree Lounge opinions??   Tree Lounge opinions?? EmptyMon May 25, 2009 4:56 pm

Never used one... hope it works out for ya.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Tree Lounge opinions??   Tree Lounge opinions?? EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:29 pm

Have you tried it out yet?
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Tree Lounge opinions??   Tree Lounge opinions?? EmptyTue May 26, 2009 12:20 am

Not yet, things have been crazy. I have almost all of my finals graded and then its time for me to play!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Tree Lounge opinions??   Tree Lounge opinions?? EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:38 am

Good Deal, let us know ow you like it
Back to top Go down
swampghost

PostSubject: Re: Tree Lounge opinions??   Tree Lounge opinions?? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 11:55 pm

Have owned one for 20 years now. I don't have the bow hunting adapter though. 1---It is not light. Mine is an older one that is made heavier though. 2--noisy? No if done right. You could stand 25 feet from me and if I take my time you cannot hear a peep. BUT...and this is important...You can't completely extend the stand. In other words, just pull out the last section enough to keep it from hanging. I wrap my pull up rope around it about twice. I find that on mine, if it is totally ectended, it changes the balance of the stand making it somewhat awkward. It puts more weight farther away from the tree. 2 other things----it is physically impossible to climb holding a rifle, so you will need to leave it on ground and pull it up to you. Tou aren't supposed to climb with a weapon anyway. Second, do not buy into the hype that it will not ever slip on the tree. No stand has ever been made that was 100% slip-proof. I can verify this in regard to the tree lounge.
But it is very comfortable and you can sleep in it. I use mine to nap in at the truck between hunts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tree Lounge opinions??   Tree Lounge opinions?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tree Lounge opinions??
Page 1 of 1