Scent Blocker
Photobucket

about 90 days and counting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robert

Robert

about 90 days and counting Empty
PostSubject: about 90 days and counting   about 90 days and counting EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Well I was thinking about this today and I'm only about 90 days or so out from Tree stand hanging time. Sure it's hot and sweaty work but man does it pay off in season. I have several new stands to hang this year. Even have a two man stand I got over winter. My son is 7 now and I like having a stand or two to take him too so I picked up a large platform 15 foot ladder for the two of us. I'll also have one or two of the new muddy set ups around. Might just save those for carrying in to hunt. Those things hang in about 5 minutes, steps and all. Still have some scouting to do before I know where they are going but that's the fun part. Now it's time to get some trail camera's out and start up a few feeders so I can find my future film stars
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: about 90 days and counting   about 90 days and counting EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 1:55 pm

Sounds like a great plan...
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: about 90 days and counting   about 90 days and counting EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Looks like im going to have to find some new spots for my stands this year, went to the property and to my suprise there is 5 cows standing at the gate looking at me.

Last I heard they were not going to put them in there.

Dang things ate up all my corn i had in the feeders and i just filled them up to $40 bucks down the drain.

went a head and pulled my cams out to
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: about 90 days and counting   about 90 days and counting EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Maybe moving further back into the woods will help some plus maybe getting something on that side with your box blind as well. I'm sure you'll figure it out. I think the one stand you call yours is still a good stand too. Might have to walk around the cows but the deer will get use to them
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: about 90 days and counting   about 90 days and counting EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Boy Mike, that stinks! Wrecks your trail cams and feeding, but by the time season rolls around I'm sure the deer will be used to them
And Robert, you know I'm ready to get sweaty and help hang the stands, only this time I'll have a safety harness on!

Oh yeah, and those muddys only hang in 5 minutes if you are Wyatt!
Back to top Go down
silbowhunter

silbowhunter

PostSubject: Re: about 90 days and counting   about 90 days and counting EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 8:42 pm

90 days ?

I put a stand up today.
Still had to fight the ticks but at least it wasn't 101* in the shade. lol
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: about 90 days and counting   about 90 days and counting EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 8:47 pm

silbowhunter wrote:
90 days ?

I put a stand up today.
Still had to fight the ticks but at least it wasn't 101* in the shade. lol

Would like to start earlier but I just got some new land and I need some scouting time with the trail camera's which are going up here soon
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: about 90 days and counting   about 90 days and counting EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Hanging stands is one of the best things I do in the summer. Really helps with the long wait till season.
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: about 90 days and counting   about 90 days and counting EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:00 pm

I am beginning to move stands an set new ones starting next week, then later in the summer I go in and trim and in June start filming velvet footage in my observation stands overlooking beans
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: about 90 days and counting   about 90 days and counting EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:07 pm

dkoutdoors wrote:
I am beginning to move stands an set new ones starting next week, then later in the summer I go in and trim and in June start filming velvet footage in my observation stands overlooking beans

I love this!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: about 90 days and counting   about 90 days and counting Empty

Back to top Go down

about 90 days and counting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: The Gear Shack :: Treestands - Sponsored by Summit Stands-
Jump to: