Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

hunting gear

Go down 
+2
buckbuster217
botzitaliano
6 posters
AuthorMessage
botzitaliano

hunting gear Empty
PostSubject: hunting gear   hunting gear EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:25 pm

hey all, i know i have a little time before the cold winters of the north east, but i want to get a jump on some new warm gear. i currently use some field and stream gear with lacross 2000 gram boots, about 3 pairs of thermal socks under-armour shirts and pants, and more. i wear so much stuff to try to keep warm, that i make my self so big and bulky and i still get cold, esp my feet. if any of yall have any suggestions of some new gear that'll keep me warm, silent and scent free, i would greatly appreciate it. or if you know of any new products that have been getting good reviews. thanks. -mike-
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

hunting gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting gear   hunting gear EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Are you wearing all this while walking to your stand? I have to carry alot of my stuff in with me due to I sweat easily, I even go so far as to change my socks when I get to my tree stand, I place the sweaty ones in a zip-lock bag in my back pack. Its a pain but if I wear alot in I end up freezing after about an hour.
Back to top Go down
botzitaliano

hunting gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting gear   hunting gear EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 8:42 pm

yes i wear all my clothes from my truck to my tree. i do sweat most of the time on the walk out there. and i feel good for bout an hour till the cold takes over. you change your clothes when you get to your tree every time? i want something that takes th moisture away and keeps you warm. you have any experience with the socks, pants and jackets with the battery powered heat in them?
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

hunting gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting gear   hunting gear EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:20 pm

I don't change all my clothes , i just wear my underlayers into my tree stand, once I'm there I cool off for a few then put my outerlayers on and change my socks, then get up in the tree, I also use a kidney belt that you can put the hot hand packs in, if you can keep your core warm then the rest of you will stay warm,hope this helps
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

hunting gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting gear   hunting gear EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Get some of them air activated hand and foot warmers. That's what I use on really cold days. Stuff some on your feet, in your boots, gloves and pockets. I know a guy that gets a huge one that's something like 6"x12" and sticks it on his back. I've never had to push it that far but use what you need. They're great for some quick heat while on stand.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

hunting gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting gear   hunting gear EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Used to do the same, so many layers it's uncomfortable. Now just a layer of underarmour some sort of artic weight thermals from Redhead and the outer layer is Artic Shield. For my feet I have some 2000g Lacrosse boots, liner socks then some artic weight socks from readhead..... and last but not least the most important part, hand and foot warmers. I usually get the adhesive foot warmers and instead of putting them along the bottom of my foot i wrap them around my toes, works great!
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

hunting gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting gear   hunting gear EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:44 pm

ive noticed that if i take care of what gets cold the quickest(head,hands,and feet) that it makes a big difference,, Also a snack every hr goes a long way of keeping blood moving and u warm..
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

hunting gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting gear   hunting gear EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:26 pm

yea sweating on the way to your stand is your worst enemy I'd barely be able to stay our for more than 2 hours when i was sweating badly. Last year i walked to my stand in the morning in full gear from waist down just had the zippers and what not opened up, then all i had on up top was my t shirt, put the rest on when i got to the stand. It was 10 degrees outside, din't sweat hardly at all, was out till almost 130. also you can try some of those thermal heat wraps for sore muscles and what not and place around your core, works wonders.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

hunting gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting gear   hunting gear EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:22 am

To help reduce heating up on the walk in I use a pair of bibs that will zip all the way down on the front and most of the way up the legs. Carry your jacket if need be. Like mentioned Under Armer is great stuff to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hunting gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: hunting gear   hunting gear Empty

Back to top Go down

hunting gear
Page 1 of 1