Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Urban Deer Slayer

Go down 
+4
buckbuster217
kkleve
Justintohunting
Indiana_buck_buster
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:40 pm

I finally seen some horns this season. A 1 1/2 year old came in about 6pm 80-90 yards to my east down an old logging road. He had one side broke off just before where his G2 would have been. The other side was a small 4x. He should be a decent one in a couple of years if he makes it through the season.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:44 am

hopefully you see the big guy that broke his antler off
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 5:00 pm

Just checking in tonight. 60 degrees with about 10-15 mph winds out of the west. Very dry around here and the squirrels are driving me nuts. If one gets close enough I'm going to throw a rage in his little cage.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am

Got bad cell reception in the stand this morning. Got in the stand about 2 1/2 hours ago. Been doing some rattling but I have only seen a button buck.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:00 am

Activity n my woods has increased dramatically over the past few days. Thurs night I decided to sit on the field edge up under a tree in some brush and see 7 does and a button buck. Sunday was a very event filled day. A little after day break I broke out the rattling antlers and hit them pretty hard and a few minutes later Ben the button buck came in and munched on some acorns then moved off to the south. A little while later I had 2 does come in to the northeast of me and went up a logging road. While I was watching them in my binos I caught glimpse of the big chocolate colored 9 point slip into the woods just in front of the 2 doe and left the area pretty quick. I gave him a snort qeeze and a few grunts but he was gone. About an hour later I hit the horns again and a few minutes later Ben came back down the ridge from where he previously left to and went right back to the same oak tree for a snack. I got the camera on him just to get some footage and noticed him looking over his shoulder to the creek. I looked over and here comes a big mature doe and her twin fawns right down the dried up creek. They ended up walking right behind my stand about 10 yards behind me. I had my pack hanging on the tree to my left blocking my view so I slowly peaked around it and that old doe spotted me. She started her foot stomp so I slowly slid back behind my pack and hooted like an owl. I'll be damned but she went back to feeding like nothing was wrong. It kinda made me laugh. They finally headed north into the brush. Then a few minutes later 4 doe came in from the south and then headed east out to the corn fields. I stayed around until 11 then came in. Monday afternoon was kinda slow until about an hour left of light. I was using my doe bleat to try to entice a cruising buck but had no luck. I caught a little movement behind me in the brush and seen 4 does making their way east. I decided to hit my grunt tube a little bit. The grunt tube I use is a aggressive deep grunt that doesnt have a o ring on it so before I left the house I put a piece of tape on hit to make it a little more high pitched. Within about 3-4 minutes after I gave it a 4 grunt sequence I heard some crashing coming to me. It was a little 6 point tearing down the ridge. He is looking all around trying to find the buck and eventually heads north. After about 15 minutes I hit the grunt tube again figuring the 6 was long gone. Within minutes he's busting back in on me with even more aggression. He was looking for a fight. He finally left a little while later. I put up the grunt not to educate him on what's going on. Then a flock of turkeys come in and fly up to their roost
About 8 of them flew up from 40-100 yards away. Pretty cool night.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:18 am

I want to hunt with you. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:58 am

First off I'm going to thank my boss for letting me work through my lunch so I could get off work 30 minutes early. If he hadn't I probably would not have gotten this buck due to the time change.

So I got off work early, headed home, quick shower and busted out the door at 6:15-6:20am. I quick stepped it across an open pasture until I got to the woodline and got my Buck Bomb Estrus can out and gave it a little spray about ever 10 steps or so on a tree or log. When I got close to my stand the can started to sputter out like I was holding the button down but I got it to stop and put it into my pocket.
I climbed up my tree to about 25 feet and got all my gear setup and pulled out the Buck Bomb again and sprayed it a little more and it would not stop spraying so I just locked the button and threw it over about 15 yards from my stand. This thing sprayed for about a minute creating a huge mist of scent that I could see slowly drifting to the north.
About 7:15 I got my bleat can out of my pocket to hit it a few times. I started to look around to make sure no deer were around and I looked behind me and here he comes with his nose to the ground. The leaves were pretty wet and he snuck up on me to about 20 yards before I saw him. When i peaked around the tree he caught me moving but I slowly ducked behind my backpack and the tree. The buck slowly made his way around behind me to my right with his nose to the ground doing a lip curl. He kept looking up at me but everytime he looked away I would move a little more to grab my bow. With my hand on my bow and him slowly moving from right to left he had to jump over a log on the path and that's when I made my move I quickly stood up with bow in hand. He was looking all around for this invisible doe, this is when i drew, and stepped behind a small tree blocking my shot.
I kept my pin right on him then he started to move forward just a bit. I gave a soft bleat with my mouth and he stop at about 28 yards. That's when I touched off on my release. I heard a loud smack and he took off with his tail in the air. I was like shit I missed but I know I could not have missed. I paused about 20 yards from where I took my shot and tucked tail and busted out of there. That's when I knew I hit him. I pulled up my binos and watched him run off and disappear over into the creek area.
I did not get it on video of the shot because things happened so fast but I almost got the shot from my trail camera. It stopped about 5 seconds before I shot. I did a little post shot self interview into the camera and packed up my gear. I went out to retrieve my arrow and found it covered in blood and lodged into the ground at the base of a small sapling. That my have been what made the loud noise. I waited about 30 minutes and went looking for him. I found him about 100 yards from my tree. At first looking at the shot on him I thought I hit him a little high and back but realized he was quartering away from me and the arrow exited just behind his opposite shoulder. I was shooting 2 blade NAP Bloodrunners.
Well is was one great way to end my 2011 deer season with the first buck with a bow and also it's my biggest buck too. Thanks everyone here at WA too bad I didn't have a shirt or hat to put on. Maybe next year or this springs turkey season. I'll post some other pics once I get them off the video camera.
Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 A7d512ba
Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 0805d6f5
Entry hole
Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 Af5bfa0c
Exit hole
Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 67803d86
Entry after skinned
Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 D6c3ae56
Exit after skinned
Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 93a6139b
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Awesome story man When is that little one of yours due.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Congrats and a great read too!
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Less than 4 weeks!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urban Deer Slayer   Urban Deer Slayer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Urban Deer Slayer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2