Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! Empty
PostSubject: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi everyone,
I am proud to announce that the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources Commission has awarded its second Bull Elk Tag to our N. KY. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited. This tag is for the 2012 Fall Season and again is good in any zone for any legal weapon.
Our QU Chapter is going to raffle this tag as we did with the first one earlier this year. The only thing required is a resident or non-resident hunting license if you should win. All elk permit fees, ($30.00 resident) and ($365.00 non-resident) have been waived.
Tickets are being sold now and all proceeds will be used to further our conservation projects. There will be only 200 tickets sold and they are $100.00 per ticket. You can email or PM me if interested. Also, go to QU's website (www.qu.org) for verification if you would like. We did that so people would know that this is a legitimate project. More information is there and it is currently the 3RD item down on QU's home page. Drawing will be held at Elk Creek Sporting Clays in Owenton, KY. April 28, 2012 at 5:00pm. Each entrant will be notified of the name, city and state of the winner. The winner will be notified by registered mail.
If you participate in our 2012 fundraiser prior to December 31, 2011, that donation may be deducted on your 2011 tax filing. QU is a 501-C-3 non-profit organization.
Good hunting to all, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 QU aka Oletrapper

[/b]
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:15 pm

What a great op for the winner. Gonna have to see about getting a ticket
Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: Thank you Mark,   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:58 pm

We hope to reach the magic 200 this go around. KDFWR has really been good to our QU Chapter. One neat thing, it all goes right back into CONSERVATION.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Awesome Shocked
Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:59 am

1 email this morning requesting entry information. Thank you WA. Were gettin there. OT
Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Oletrapper wrote:
1 email this morning requesting entry information. Thank you WA. Were gettin there. OT

Almost overwhelmed. Thank you again WA. Two entries in yesterdays mail. Keep um coming. I am retired and got nothing to do. lol

Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:30 pm

I posted a link of this page on my facebook so hopefully you will get a few hits from it...
Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:48 am

Thank you Justintohunting, That's great. I forgot to mention in an earlier post that one of the entries I received had a real nice letter inside telling me that she was buying the ticket for her husband and will use it for a stocking stuffer this Christmas. What a nice gift and a wonderful idea. No, I am not going to tell anyone her name. lol Good luck to the hubby in the draw. Thanks for the link.

Justintohunting wrote:
I posted a link of this page on my facebook so hopefully you will get a few hits from it...
Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: Better hurry!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:47 am

Many thanks to Whitetail Afflicition. We are getting there. Tickets are going pretty fast so if you may be interested, you need to PM or email me so I can reserve a ticket for you. Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited
Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: A Great Video--Kentucky Elk--A Success Story   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:41 am

This is a great video about Kentucky's Elk Restoration.
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/kentucky-elk-a-success-story.html

Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited, aka Oletrapper
thekysportsman@hughes.net

Last edited by Oletrapper on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : could not color post title)
Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: I have been asked several questions.   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:36 am

Questions about our Commission Bull Elk Tag, Available public land, etc. Hope the below answers most. If you should have others please email me at thekysportsman@hughes.net

Our tag is good in any zone, which means, "In Zone or "Out of Zone". It is good in any EHU. It is good for any legal weapon during that weapons portion of the season. The 16-county elk restoration zone is 4.1 million acres, and is divided into 10 Elk Hunting Units, including sub-units, with a total of 576,994 acres open to public hunting. The EHUs have been established to manage the elk herd, spread out hunting pressure, and provide hunters with a high chance of success. There were 800 tags issued in the 2010 season and there was an 80% success rate.

Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:37 am

I want to applaud Kentucky in how they have handled the Elk herd management. Very few DNR's have got it as right as they seem to be doing. The elk are thriving and Kentucky has made it an amazing Hunt experience. 80 percent success is unheard of in anything but maybe small game hunting. For me personally, this is a dream hunt I hope to be lucky enough to go on some day.
Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: Thank you.   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:28 am

Thank you Robert, I have passed your comments on to our Commissioner, Dr. Jon Gassett as well as our nine Commission Members.

Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:01 am

Just wanted to let you know, if you are serious about participating in our fundraiser, please hurry. Less than 60 tickets remain. Thanks to all you guys and gal for helping us make this a great success.
thekysportsman#hughes.net

Robert wrote:
What a great op for the winner. Gonna have to see about getting a ticket

Last edited by Oletrapper on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: Lots to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:15 am

I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. We here in Kentucky have lots to be thankful for. Many thanks to those who have helped our QU Chapter make our Bull Elk Tag raffle a great success. To all the states which helped make our herd what it is today. Over 12,000 and growing. We have come a long way since 1997. Many thanks to all.

PS: There are still tickets available but you need to hurry. Please email me to reserve.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Thank you for all your hard work to help conservation in your home state. You always have a spot on Whitetail Affliction to promote those conservation idea's and we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving as well.
Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: Christmas is just 26 days away!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:06 am

With that in mind.

What a great idea for a stocking stuffer. We still have some tickets available for our Commission Bull Elk Tag raffle. All proceeds from this conservation fundraiser go right back into our conservation efforts and your entry is tax deductible. QU is a IRS 501-C-3 organization. Many thanks to Whitetail Affliction and all those who have supported our efforts to date.

Last edited by Oletrapper on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:02 am

i posted another link to this thread on facebook for people looking for a great stocking stuffer...Keep up the good work in conservation..
Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Justintohunting wrote:
i posted another link to this thread on facebook for people looking for a great stocking stuffer...Keep up the good work in conservation..
Thank you Justin, We can use all the help we can get. Best of luck with the Elk Restoration in MO. Yours in conservation, Robert
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 4:12 pm

THanks yeah i hope the elk restoration program here in Mo at peck ranch will be very successful..
Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: A great big THANK YOU!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:25 am

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all that have helped us make our fundraiser a great success. Especially Whitetail Affliction! To date there have been 6 entries and 2 pending as a result of our post on this site. If not for sites such as this, we could not do for conservation what we do. Many thanks also to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and to many others to list here, for helping us have the herd we enjoy today.

We still have a few tickets available if anyone is interested.

We want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: Ho Ho Ho   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:17 am

Merry Christmas everyone and have a safe and Happy New Year.

http://gpsinformation.info/main/merryxmas.swf (turn up the sound)

Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: Many thanks to Whitetail Affliction   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:39 am

And thanks to everyone who has helped us with our fundraiser. Best of luck in the drawing to all.

We will be suspending ticket sales on February 20th. We have less than 20 tickets still available. You can still participate but you need to hurry. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: We made it !   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:51 am

Many many thanks to all those here who have helped make our fundraiser a great success. All 200 tickets have been sold. My next post here will be the name, city and state of the winner. The best of luck in the draw to all that participated in our fundraiser.

Back to top Go down
Oletrapper

Oletrapper

PostSubject: And the winner is !   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:05 am

Hello everyone,

The N. Ky. Chapter #481 held the drawing for the Commission Bull Elk Tag on April 28th at 5:00pm. The drawing was held at the Elk Creek Hunt Club and Sporting Clays in Owenton, KY. One of the elk club’s employees reached into the box and pulled out 1 of the 200 plastic eggs. The egg contained ticket stub #028, which belonged to Leo Essex of Loretto, KY. Congratulations Leo! We hope you score a record bull elk this fall.

We would like to thank all who participated in our fundraiser. A special thank you to those who operate this forum and who allowed our post. We could not have done it without your help and permission. All 200 tickets were sold and over $18,500.00 will be used for our conservation projects. A detailed financial report should be available by the end of this month. If you should have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481, Quail Unlimited
[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!   2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs! Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 KY, Fall, Bull Elk Tag up for grabs!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next