Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

2011 public land buck

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert

Robert

2011 public land buck Empty
PostSubject: 2011 public land buck   2011 public land buck EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:05 am

First off I will post up pics tonight when I get some better ones.

On Wednesday morning I headed up to some public land in north central Indiana to hunt. Two years ago my friend Dave showed me a few spots that he had found while hunting up there. I had also been up on opening morning and found a tree and spot I really liked but there were a lot of guys in the area and gun shots all around. This really had the deer spooked. So I was happy when I got up yesterday morning and there were no other trucks around. Had a slow morning hunt and ended up getting down at lunch to warm up for a bit. Stayed out of stand about an hour and couldn't take it anymore so I headed back to the same spot and tree. Really felt like something was there and I just needed to be patient. Was in my tree less than 5 minutes and here he come. Crossed in behind me and quartered away from me. I shot him at 15 yards and he went about 50 yards before piling up. I'll tell the full story when I post pics cause there was a bit of humor in what happened but I'm really proud of this buck. Not cause he is a record book buck, he will score in the 130's, but because i was able to out smart a mature buck on public land where he has seen a good number of hunters and been under some heavy pressure already this year. Not an easy thing to do on a small plot of public land. I also wanted to thank Dave and Jack for never having an issue with me coming up to hunt there spots. I know it's public land but their scouting really helped narrow down the area and they didn't need to share that info with me and if they had said they would rather I not hunt there then I wouldn't have but I never heard a word even close to that.
Only down side to the hunt was the nasty thick stuff he died in and the fact that he was a 200 plus pound deer made for a good bit of work getting him out. I was hunting alone and had to manage it on my own.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: 2011 public land buck   2011 public land buck EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:39 pm

cant wait for pics.. Public land buck is something to be proud of...Congrats
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: 2011 public land buck   2011 public land buck EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Congrats Robert !! any pressured public land buck is a trophy in my eyes, can't wait for the pics
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: 2011 public land buck   2011 public land buck EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:45 pm

Congrats again Robert

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: 2011 public land buck   2011 public land buck EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Congrats Robert can't wait to see the picts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 public land buck   2011 public land buck Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 public land buck
Page 1 of 1