G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons

Go down 

I prefer:
1. Climbers
Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons Vote_lcap31%Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons Vote_rcap
 31% [ 9 ]
2. Ladder Stands
Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons Vote_lcap21%Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons Vote_rcap
 21% [ 6 ]
3. Hang ons/Fixed Positions
Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons Vote_lcap48%Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons Vote_rcap
 48% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons Empty
PostSubject: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:09 pm

Just wondering what everyone perfers to hunt out of... The past 4 years or so a climber has been the only thing I have hunted out of. I am looking to get 1 or 2 hang ons to put up for the evening hunts after work when I don't have much time and I need to get in quickly and quietly.

You can answer the poll as if you were the only hunter and you only were able to choose one stand.

Last edited by Dave on Sat May 09, 2009 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptySat May 09, 2009 2:31 pm

I submitted both climbers and hang ons. I love my climbers to climb really high in the trees but depending on the trees in certain locations hang ons serve a tremendous purpose with better cover.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:29 pm

I love my climber for getting up in the clouds and for all day sits but sometimes you just can't beat a hang on in the right spot
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:13 pm

I love the climbers because I can pretty much pick any tree in my main hunting woods to hang it. I do like the hang on also, but prefer climbers.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:24 am

If you have some land that you always hunt,Hang-ons are all I use.It makes it soo much easier to walk in and climb up. Now my self and you can ask Mrs Volway,i would say I have collected anywhere from 45-50 lok-ons over the years.As a matter of fact she went and picked me up another one today. If your gonna use them ALWAYS set up a couple in the same area for the wind. That sounds like alot of stands but I like to set 2 in alot of places for some filming if all possible,And so I can keep my eye on Mrs Volway.
Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons Thumb-180275311
Back to top Go down
silbowhunter

silbowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:25 am

Quote :
I submitted both climbers and hang ons. I love my climbers to climb really high in the trees but depending on the trees in certain locations hang ons serve a tremendous purpose with better cover

Same boat as Jody here.

I have one ladder stand and it sits in the back yard to practice out of. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:08 am

Hangs on for me. I love my climber but I am a nut when it comes to noise, any noise. I would rather slip in under the darkness of morning and silently get into my stand. When I use a climber nowadays its during the evening.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:36 am

I am a hang on guy. With the sticks and the lightweight stands, it practically becomes a climber. Last year i used 8 or 9 different hang ons with one as a roving stand. I do agree that climbers are great too, definately more versatile with probably a little less work. I think I just enjoy hanging stands all over the county though... haha
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:37 pm

I am more towards the hang on stands. Like it was said above i like it because of the noise. i like being able to get in the dark without making any noise. I like climbers to when hunting new areas so you can move around but on the home land i like hang on
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:46 am

mathewsguy wrote:
I am more towards the hang on stands. Like it was said above i like it because of the noise. i like being able to get in the dark without making any noise. I like climbers to when hunting new areas so you can move around but on the home land i like hang on

X2. i like to make the least noise as possible comeing and going
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:38 am

I really like my climbers and ladderstands...Never really got into hang ons...
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 1:47 pm

cant beat a ladder or hang on cause you dont have to worry bout the set up in the morning...gave my climber away to my brother n law Basketball
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:53 pm

I like the climber for the versitility. You can hunt as high as you want, and even pick a completely differnent spot to hunt then you had set out to if the weather, wind direction, or hunting pressure dictactes. If I could only have one, it would definately be a climber.

With that being said, I do most of my hunting out of hang ons. I have a ladder as well, but I don't feel like it is high enough to archery hunt out of. The hang ons are nice becuase you can slip into the woods a little later if there is a work issue or you just couldn't pull yourself out of bed. They are also a lot quiter, and you won't alert the woods of your presence with the clunking of your climber...
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:55 pm

your are rite slink...thats why i just bought another climber...lol
Back to top Go down
Grunt and Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:52 pm

I really can't choose one over the other. I think they all work equally well if you put them in the right spot. I have a few ladder stands that I use to hunt with my little brother and wife. I have 2 climbers that I can use in new areas or public land that way they don't get stolen. I agree with Adam about how easy the hang-ons are to get up with the use of the sticks. You can hang them in any type of tree quickly and quietly.
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:17 pm

i have both a climber and several hang on stands. Both are good to hunt out of but i do prefer the hang on stands. Plus i like getting out in the woods in early July to hang them up. I do not own a ladder stand but if i had some land to put 10 to 15 ladder stands on i would. Really nice to know walking in all you have to do is climb the ladder.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Early Morning Gobble wrote:
i have both a climber and several hang on stands. Both are good to hunt out of but i do prefer the hang on stands. Plus i like getting out in the woods in early July to hang them up. I do not own a ladder stand but if i had some land to put 10 to 15 ladder stands on i would. Really nice to know walking in all you have to do is climb the ladder.

I think early morning gobble was born in a tree. This guy puts hang on stands up like it's his job. I remeber the first time I saw him put one up behind the farm house. I dont even think he used the steps half the time, just had his legs wrapped around the tree, haha.
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Haha that is great..i had a safety harness on so why not us it you know. I will be putting stands up soon foxy. Any particular areas you want me to put one up besides where we talked about already.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:22 am

I own all three but if I had to pick just one it would be my climber, just because of the mobility with it.
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:05 pm

I voted Hang on and ladder. I dont have the size trees to really get into the clouds. I have a great ladder stand location and one hang on stand location over looking a major deer intersection.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:03 pm

I use all 3..... I love my climber when I'm hunting a new spot or public land.

But if I'm hunting a place I'll be hunting all season I like a hang on with the climbing sticks to get up about 20' or so with no noise

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:13 am

Climber and hang on's here. Like mentioned you can't beat slipping in/out of a hang on set with minimum noise. Right now my budget keeps the set-ups in key locations. If the deer movement shows better a better chance of killing the target buck from a different tree I'll go in with a climber. I end up killing most of my bucks out of a climber but the hang on's helped out getting to that point. We have one neighbor I will not place ANY hang on sets in sight of. Keeping an eye out for after season sales on sticks and hang ons really helps out with the budget. My typical sets go up 6-7 sections of sticks.

If I had to choose one stand it would have to be a climber cause of the modility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons   Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons Empty

Back to top Go down

Climbers vs. ladders vs. hang ons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: The Gear Shack :: Treestands - Sponsored by Summit Stands-
Jump to: