Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Can things get any worse (YEP)

Go down 
+10
mathewsguy
BowBo
Robert
volway
RattleSnake
Dave
huntquest
littleslink
Joe
TheRomer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheRomer

Can things get any worse (YEP) Empty
PostSubject: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:37 pm

As you all know how i felt about the cows being put on the property i hunt(not happy).

I go over there yesterday to pull the cards from the cams and when i pull up to the gate it was open(this is the gate that enters the back half of the property). Knowing the cows were on the front part of the property I knew something wasnt right. so I head back in there to see what is up and to my surprise there are the guys that owns the cows on a tractor with a bush hog on the back just cutting everything down. As some of you know this part of the property was very thick the with under growth and was ideal for deer to bed in.

I jump out of the truck and wave them down to see what the heck they are doing. at this point there was flames comeing from the top of my head and i jumped all over these guys for cutting it down. They appoligized to me but they said the landowners told them to do it.

So i called them up and these #&#@@#@&^$^%$ told them to clear the woods out. So i just hung up on them and got back in my truck and drove to where my cams were(witch i could not do before) and pulled them out and emptied the feeder and came home( wanting to cry).

The bad thing of it to me is I am Family and I have been putting alot of time and money over there to get it where i want it. Then just out of the blue they let this strange come in and put cows in and then destroy the property by cutting everything down ( this guy dont even pay them to have his cows there ).

My father-law is the brother of the landowners and says that they are like that and it dont matter who you are they just dont care. I have done alot for these two guy in the past would have in the future But anymore they done screwed me over good.

Sorry all for gripping so much just needed to vent.

ANYONE NEED OF A GOOD HUNTING PARTNER?
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Man that is horrible news. I am so sorry to hear that Mike. I know you had your own little slice of heaven out there. Was a great spot to hunt. Maybe it will grow up over the summer and things will turn out ok? You are more than welcome to hunt with me this coming fall.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Man i hope so but from what my Father-n-law says This guy has like 30 cows and he thinks he is doing all this so he can bring tham all over to the property.

My father-n-law is not very happy about it either.

Good thing about it is one of these years i will have complete control over this piece of property.

Thank you Joe for the offer. I do appreciate it

here is a couple pics of them bush hogging i got on cam

Can things get any worse (YEP) CDY_0113
Can things get any worse (YEP) CDY_0110

And i dont even know why this guy is back there yet

Can things get any worse (YEP) CDY_0111
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:08 pm

Man that is not want you on camera. Sorry again.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Sorry about the cows, but that last picture is a classic...
Back to top Go down
huntquest

huntquest

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Sorry to hear this!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Hey Mike... That is terribe news. I would be glad to have you come up for a hunt or two with me this fall. Make sure you bring that decoy of yours along.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:38 pm

Dave wrote:
Hey Mike... That is terribe news. I would be glad to have you come up for a hunt or two with me this fall. Make sure you bring that decoy of yours along.

Thanks Dave, but the other propblem we had at the property was thiefs and they broke into the box blind last years and stoled my decoy Mad
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:47 pm

TheRomer wrote:
Dave wrote:

Thanks Dave, but the other propblem we had at the property was thiefs and they broke into the box blind last years and stoled my decoy Mad

No worries Mike... You can still hunt with me. We'll take them without a decoy.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Thanks buddy
Back to top Go down
RattleSnake

RattleSnake

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Wow Mike, now that sounds like all sorts of a real BAD day. I guess there could have been a little more understanding IF the people with the cows were actually renting the pasture space with the state of the economy who can blame a farmer/landowner for wanting to pick up any extra money. Being these people aren't paying anything then I just don't get it. It almost seems like they either just don't think of anybody except themselves or as you father in law said....just don't care. Either way bud I feel for ya and hope things work out.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:22 am

Man that may be the BIGGEST deer I've ever seen on a feeder.LOl Na just picking at ya,THAT SUCKS!!
Can things get any worse (YEP) Thumb-180275311
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 2:04 pm

That is unreal. I can't beieve they would just ruin it like that. I feel for you and it's truely heartbreaking
Back to top Go down
BowBo

BowBo

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:10 pm

TheRomer wrote:
Dave wrote:

WHO'S DECOY????? Shocked

I've put a lot of time and money in over there too, in the last 3 years............ and it just TEARS ME UP that those two old farts let the cow owners just WIPE OUT the cover and bedding areas that had FINALLY grown back up over there...... after the LAST COWS that were on the property!!!

It truly does suck! But hey, what can ya do?!?
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:18 pm

that sucks guys sorry to hear that i know you guys had some good hunting spots there with the pics you have shown. Hopefully it will all work out for you. you could hunt with me but thats a long drive all the way to New york
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 11:38 pm

Robert wrote:
That is unreal. I can't beieve they would just ruin it like that. I feel for you and it's truely heartbreaking

These two guys are both in their 80s and wont ever get out and walk around in there so why do it? still just ticks me off thinking about it Mad
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 11:42 pm

BowBo wrote:
WHO'S DECOY????? Shocked

I've put a lot of time and money in over there too, in the last 3 years............ and it just TEARS ME UP that those two old farts let the cow owners just WIPE OUT the cover and bedding areas that had FINALLY grown back up over there...... after the LAST COWS that were on the property!!!

It truly does suck! But hey, what can ya do?!?

Sorry bo but its like the hammer i killed the buck with it so its was mine till you get one useing it. Shocked lol! lol! lol!

Just messin that was actually BOs decoy.

BowBo has helped me the last 3 years get this property to the way it was.and i cant thank him enough.

And im really sorry bo this happened to us Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:56 am

Hey man I really hate to see that happen. Thats alot of time, money and efforts down the drain. That made me sick just to see that so I can imagine how you feel. I really hate that for you and hopefully you will pick up another farm thats holds great potential. You can always head south to do some hunting down here in TN. Hope things pick up for ya.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:23 pm

Man that would just really suck. I know how you feel because we had an experience like that with one of our leases last fall. We had everything perfect, a few food plots and good cover for the fall hunting. Then in early october the farmer took the crops out and without letting us know put a fence up the whole thing and put cows out there. They tromped everything down and we couldnt even hunt it come november. So we tried to explain it to him to just leave the cows out till around nov. 15th so we could atleast hunt it. After its all said and done we still had to pay the whole lease, which was $2,000.00 and got out of it now to avoid future headaces. Im truly sorry to hear about that but im sure something good will come up in the future for ya.
Back to top Go down
BowBo

BowBo

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:46 pm

TheRomer wrote:
Just messin that was actually BOs decoy.

Ha! Go back even further, before it was "my" decoy!!! affraid
That's what I was thinkin' bout! LMAO lol!

TheRomer wrote:
And im really sorry bo this happened to us Crying or Very sad

We're gonna make it work somehow Mike.... you'll see. It might take a lot more work yet, but we'll get back to what it "should" be!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 3:38 pm

Man Mike...sorry to hear about your little honey hole!!!!!

so all the cover is gone now?? Just so some freeloader can board some cows!!! sounds like free steaks,Ribs and roast and are coming to the Romer household!!!!

Can things get any worse (YEP) Rod

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 4:42 pm

Mark wrote:
Man Mike...sorry to hear about your little honey hole!!!!!

so all the cover is gone now?? Just so some freeloader can board some cows!!! sounds like free steaks,Ribs and roast and are coming to the Romer household!!!!

Can things get any worse (YEP) Rod

Yes sir its all gone. and yes some steaks sound real good about now(and i dont even like steak) they will taste so good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 4:47 pm

I am afraid to even go back over and see what it looks like now affraid
Back to top Go down
BowBo

BowBo

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 5:21 pm

Hey Mike, let's plan on going over there Monday, and we'll take the RZR!

And we can put out the bucket of Lucky Buck that I picked up at Fullrut's shoot.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 6:40 pm

BowBo wrote:
Hey Mike, let's plan on going over there Monday, and we'll take the RZR!

And we can put out the bucket of Lucky Buck that I picked up at Fullrut's shoot.

sounds good buddy be prepared for a shocker tho, im sure they have it all cleaned out by now.

Last edited by TheRomer on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can things get any worse (YEP)   Can things get any worse (YEP) Empty

Back to top Go down

Can things get any worse (YEP)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next