Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

reloading the 9mm

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

reloading the 9mm Empty
PostSubject: reloading the 9mm   reloading the 9mm EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 6:31 pm

ben reloading rifles for some time now and have several manuals to compare to. i tried my luck today at the 9mm and the shells shot great in my s&w. i used 4.5 gr. of bulleye powder and i am loading cast 115 gr' bullets.. not sure the diffrence in jacketed and lead bullets when it comes to the heat and pressure at the shot.. i'm not going to be runnin' alot of these thru the barrel but anyway,whats a good lead cleaning agent fot the lead fowling i'm sure i'll get while shooting the cast bullets.. any hints and suggestions on loading cast bullets will be helpful
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

reloading the 9mm Empty
PostSubject: Re: reloading the 9mm   reloading the 9mm EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 6:38 pm

oregonzack on here does alot of reloading, im sure when he sees this he will post a reply. as im no help but wouldnt mind learning how to do it
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

reloading the 9mm Empty
PostSubject: Re: reloading the 9mm   reloading the 9mm EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:49 pm

Mike is right... Zach is who you want to talk to. That guy is a reloading and ammunition guru!
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

reloading the 9mm Empty
PostSubject: Re: reloading the 9mm   reloading the 9mm EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Hey man, I don't know about a guru but I do enjoy reloading! Keep your velocities low with cast bullets, they do craaaazy things when you try to push them. Other than that, have fun with em! As long as the cast bullets are lubed the pressure shouldn't be different enough from jacketed bullets to make any noticable difference. As far as cleaning goes, I've used krol oil-I think I'm spelling it wrong- with great results, It is a penetrater and gets down under deposits that other cleaners can't. Let it sit in there for a while, then take the barrel out and really scrub it. If it still doesn't get out, try coke. A gunsmith I know uses good old coke-a-cola to get stuck bullets out of barrels. Plugs up one end, fills it up with coke, and it actually eats away at the lead until you can push the rest out.

So do you cast your own?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

reloading the 9mm Empty
PostSubject: Re: reloading the 9mm   reloading the 9mm Empty

Back to top Go down

reloading the 9mm
Page 1 of 1