Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Pellets or Powder?

Go down 
+9
madarcher427
oregonzach
THE BULL
mathewsguy
Robert
TheRomer
Corey
Glenn
Dave
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 9:11 pm

Just wondering what you guys who shoot muzzleloaders prefer... powder that you measure out or 2-3 pellets that you just drop in? I myself just started shooting muzzys and I like the pellets.
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 9:40 pm

I spent a lot of my younger years shooting long range black powder competition with a Kentucky long rifle that I custom built, back in the days before premade pellets, but the pellets offer many advantages over loose powder, it's quick, easier , you can have your loads pre made and ready to go when you need them fast, if your an accuracy nut like I am then the loose powder is like doing your own hand-loads for center-fire, pistol or shotgun, you can fine tune your loads to suit you and the gun you use. In my book there both winners
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 10:11 pm

I use triple seven pellets. Pellets are just alot easier to me.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 10:17 pm

I still use powder im not even sure if the pellets would work in the traditional smokepoles just because you have to make sure to get the powder up in the breach
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 10:50 pm

That was a great response Glenn, well said...
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 9:51 pm

I'm still using pellets. It's quick and easy to use and that's what I like when hunting
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:24 pm

triple 7 pellets out of mine
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:58 pm

well the first experience i had with the pellets was the other day...i went over to the property to check my mineral sites and the old man neighbor was out hunting ground hogs...the funny thing was that he was using a TC encore...I laughed and asked the old timer why he was using a muzzle loader to hunt hogs and he responded by saying shhhhh "there is one there". He ranged it at 158 yards and squeezed the trigger....After the smoke cleared i was sure that it would be a miss but not only did he hit the hog but it was a head shot...He uses the pellets with .50 caliber and it was sweet not only how acurate it was but how easy it was to reload and clean.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:15 pm

When Ishot a ML I liked the ease of pellets for hunting. I wasted $25 trying those shocky pellets and what a load of junk! I wondered why my groups were all over the place so Ishot it over a chronograph and saw why. We're talking 400fps differences between shots, stuff was worthless. Went back to 777.
Back to top Go down
madarcher427

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:45 pm

Iagree with glen ,i use triple 7 pellets but iam considering going to the powder

for even more accuracy !

whats everyone shoot ?

i got a knight disc extreme in a .45 iam getting almost inch half group with it at a 100yds
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:53 pm

madarcher427 wrote:
Iagree with glen ,i use triple 7 pellets but iam considering going to the powder

for even more accuracy !

whats everyone shoot ?

i got a knight disc extreme in a .45 iam getting almost inch half group with it at a 100yds

I like pellets myself.
I shoot a T/C Encore 50 cal. I love that thing. I use it all year even in the shotgun season
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Use to use powder but switched to pellets. Triple seven pellets all the way.
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 4:12 am

Hey, Bull..............That is hilarious about the old man neighbor. We have one way over behind our back field that is just like that, BUT, he will shoot at you if you step a foot on his land. he he he This old man still doesn't use running water....no joke...he still draws it up from a well!! he he he he TTYL, Suzanne

lol!
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 am

I want a muzzleloader sooooooooooooo bad. No one around here uses them very much and think I'm crazy to want one.....but I still do. lol Just like most around here use a rifle only.....I use a bow AND a rifle. Oh well, maybe one day I'll get me one... lol
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:32 pm

TheRomer wrote:
I still use powder im not even sure if the pellets would work in the traditional smokepoles just because you have to make sure to get the powder up in the breach
Same here. Powder in the Hawkins 54 cal.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:07 pm

Not real sure if i can use the pellets in my 54 cal. since it dosen't have the rear breach plug.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:09 pm

30pointbuck wrote:
Not real sure if i can use the pellets in my 54 cal. since it dosen't have the rear breach plug.

I would like to know though. Anyone know if i could.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:36 pm

???? dont know much about a 54cal.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Yeah it's not an inline. But i truly love shooting it. It turn's heads at the range, (indoor) when it goes off.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Very accurate for iron sight's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pellets or Powder? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pellets or Powder?   Pellets or Powder? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pellets or Powder?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whitetail Affliction :: The Gear Shack :: Rifles, Muzzleloaders, and shotguns-
Jump to: