Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

A question for all our members

Go down 
+16
kyhareraiser
UrbanGuide
MOOSE
oaktree
Early Morning Gobble
THE BULL
Mark
Nukguy
Grunt and Gobble
littleslink
TheRomer
Tall Tine
LawCoBowhunter
mathewsguy
Robert
Joe
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

A question for all our members Empty
PostSubject: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:46 pm

I was watching the newest Primos Bowhunting DVD today and noticed something. There were 4 or 5 hunts dedicated exclusively to doe hunting. This is something rarely, if ever , put on hunting DVD's but I really enjoyed it. Sure we all want to get a good buck kill on film but a lot more than bucks goes into a whitetail season. What is your feeling on doe kills on a DVD you spend your hard earned dollars on. Is it worth it to you? I have heard "pros" like Greg Miller and Stan Potts say they film doe kills but due to ratings and customer demands they don't publish them. I agree that most want to see big bucks going down but I can honestly say doe kills are equally exciting to me. I just thought I would see what everyone on WA thought.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:56 pm

I'll be honest in saying I enjoy more seeing a big buck get sacked but i don't mind a doe. TV is a harder sell cause you have such limited time and people wanna see horn.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:15 pm

I agree with Robert but i will be honest I think it would be good to see more of the dvds with doe kills. A big old mature doe is not as easy to kill as everyone thinks.
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 6:50 pm

Here's my opinion on it...I think it would be cool to see a few does go down...They still get me excited when they come near me...Sure, I'm like the rest of you guys and like to see big bucks go down,but I'd be more than likely to buy the little or local guys dvd no matter what they had on it...I just like seeing guys close to home hunting near or in the same areas as me and having fun...I bought a few turkey hunting dvd's from some small guys at the expo and really enjoyed them despite the quality of them...They were the first video I've bought in years,now I'd like to get some good deer hunting ones...
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 7:52 pm

I like seeing does get taken also, theu seem to react so differently when shot compared to a buck. And if you ot good footage
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 7:46 am

I like to see big bucks but there is nothing wrong with some does thrown in the mix
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 8:45 am

I don't think I'd buy a DVD will all does, but a mix of bucks and does is fine with me...
Back to top Go down
Grunt and Gobble

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 1:52 am

I think that tv and dvd's are different. With tv they only have about 30 minutes, 2-3 hunts max, to show so they want to get the big guys on tv. With a dvd they have a few hours, 20-25 hunts, to show so they have plenty of time to mix a doe hunt in. My opinion is though I like to see does getting harvested because to me that is hunting. Yeah we all want to see a nice buck getting taken but who can afford what some of these guys pay to shoot some of those deer. Not everybody, buy anybody who hunts has the opportunity to shoot does and thats what I like.
Back to top Go down
Nukguy

Nukguy

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:26 am

I enjoy seeing the doe's get smoked, I know on the most recent Bow Madness it showed Terry Drury hunt 60days prior to getting a stud buck, but during that 60days in the field it showed the 7-8 does he smoked too. I wish we had the deer #'s to smoke 7 does, its great practice and yummy too! Maybe now with T-zone shut down in a year or two we will have good deer #'s again since those that don't like shooting does will let them go for those of us who will manage the herd.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:05 am

I'm all about the Monster bucks.......

I can see and shoot all the does I want. I dont see all that many big bucks.

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Everybody likes to see a big buck go down but to be honest with you i find it just as enjoyable watching the does go down also especially with a stick and string...I like seeing the guys get just excited with a doe same as a buck...Just my opinion cheers
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:45 am

I would probably rather watch them kill bucks. I understand the importance of it but if i were purchasing a dvd i would rather watch BBD.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:49 am

Cool. Just thought I would see the opinions of you all. Every one likes watching buck go down , as do I. But I love seeing doe kills on film.
Back to top Go down
oaktree

oaktree

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:38 pm

a doe or two is fine but majority should still be bucks.imo
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:17 pm

Love to see the big bucks most of all... But I do think it's pretty cool to see a doe or 2 go down, just to show hunters that it is indeed fun to take a doe. There's a decent amount of doe kills in some of the Realtree Roadtrips DVD's. In the new monster bucks DVD there is a hunt with David Blanton dedicated to taking a doe and donating the meat. It's pretty cool and it's for a good cause.
Back to top Go down
UrbanGuide

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 2:10 pm

TheRomer wrote:
I like to see big bucks but there is nothing wrong with some does thrown in the mix

What he said ^^^^
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 11:27 am

does being taken ky bow are awsome on film .but a doe taken with a 300 win.mag .is'nt as exciting..the big boys are the ones tyhat get my attention
Back to top Go down
Talltines

Talltines

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:35 pm

Man its been 3 years that I've got to see a deer in my bow sights so to be honest I don't care if its a buck or a doe. I just ant to harvest a deer with a bow again. cheers
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:30 pm

I like the doe kills in movies. I believe it is doing some good promoting sound deer management.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Have to agree with Don
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:38 pm

volway wrote:
Have to agree with Don

AMEN TO THAT!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question for all our members   A question for all our members Empty

Back to top Go down

A question for all our members
Page 1 of 1