Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

twister scare in New York

Go down 
+8
shehuntsva
Mark
Corey
Camoed Assassin
TheRomer
Robert
MRA
mathewsguy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

twister scare in New York Empty
PostSubject: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 8:59 pm

Well guys just had a close call and some scared kids. Came across our computer and tv that there was a twister located about 30 minutes from us and then it passed by me about 9 miles away from the house. We got really bad winds and really bad rain. Man guys im telling you when I lived in North Carolina I went through a tornado there and it was not a good time at all. The kids are still scared. We dont get them here but maybe one time every 10 years and never had one that close to my house. Had the kids in the big garden tub in my bathroom with the mattress ready to cover the kids up. You guys out west can keep these things.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:02 pm

I feel for you man, Out here in Kansas we get some bad weather. I have seen tornados and had a small one go through our farm when I was little. Theres always towns that I here of on the news getting destroyed or tornados going through them. If I were you I would stay in New York if you dont want to see anymore....... Glad eveyone is safe and hopefully you dont have too much damage to your property
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:09 pm

I've seen a few of them. They can be scary
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:11 pm

glad to hear you all are safe
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Glad no one was hurt . We get tornados every once in awhile down here in MD but I have never seen one. I have seen the aftermath of a couple little ones I could only imagine what a big one can do.
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Def not good when those things are out anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 10:01 pm

glad your ok......

Mother Nature is powerful!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 11:10 pm

Thanks guys kids are all settled down now and asleep everything has passed us by so that is good I will see if there ws any damage done and try to get pics if its possible.
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:16 am

Glad to hear everyone is safe. I've been through a couple of scares like that...no fun.

We had a terrible storm here in VA saturday evening. It actually took down some trees and power lines at Brian's parents house and a huge limb landed on his dad's truck bed...no real damage. They worked from 8am to 10pm last night cutting down trees and cleaning up yesterday. The wind and rain was crazy.
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:10 am

I know what youre talking about, Im living right in tornado alley and those things can get crazy in the blink of an eye! Im glad you all are okay.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:03 am

That's scary. There was supposedly reports of a small tornado going through town here in St. Marys sometime last night as well...
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Got caught in a tornado storm when I was younger, very very scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:21 pm

Glad you guys are OK...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: twister scare in New York   twister scare in New York Empty

Back to top Go down

twister scare in New York
Page 1 of 1