Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Saterday Evening Scare

Go down 
+12
Tall Tine
Jody
BowBo
Dave
PSE32
Mrs Volway
Mark
Joe
huntquest
volway
oregonzach
TheRomer
16 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRomer

Saterday Evening Scare Empty
PostSubject: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:56 pm

I still get shaky just thinking about this.

Ernie (Bowbo) and I sat up on a fields edge and had our decoys about 25 yards out in the field. about an hour into the hunt we heard some gun fire.sounded like a 22 on the other side of the field and threw the woods. we figured it was just someone shotting at targets sense there was a house on the other side of the woods.

Then about another half hour went by and Ernie said, hey Mike there is the guy with the 22 and i look across the field and there he was just inside the woods straight across from us looking our way(this is about 300 yards away). Then all of a sudden we start hearing him shoot again and bullets are just wizzing by our heards hitting the trees right behinds us. so we both start yelling and screaming at this guy as we hit the dirt.

he stops shooting, we thought he heard us but apperantly not he starts walking into the field and there was another guy with him that we did not see untill they stepped out into the field and was walking towards us.

I get up and walk around to let them see me, as i was trying to get my orange out to wave at them I see the other guy draw his gun back up on his shoulder. I drop back down and grab my gun and fire it up in the air. and that stopped him from fireing again. They relized what they just did and turned around and headed back into the woods.

These stupid idiots was shooting at our decoys from 300 yards away with a 22 rifle and we were right in the path of the bullets. we were very lucky we did not get hit by one.

And the bad thing was they went back into the woods and just started shooting again(not at us this time) just to mess up our hunt. like we did something wrong.

This was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. from now on when im turkey hunt I will have some sort of orange hanging in a tree so other hunters or anyone at that matter will see that there are hunters there.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:48 pm

First off, thank God you're safe.

Secondly, unfreakingbelievable. Was it the same guy that you've had issues with before? I would definitely be knocking on his door, to say the least!
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyTue May 12, 2009 12:22 am

What a couple of IDIOTS.Glad you all didn't get struck by one of those stray bullets. D___ how stupid can people be?
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyTue May 12, 2009 1:01 am

oregonzach wrote:
First off, thank God you're safe.

Secondly, unfreakingbelievable. Was it the same guy that you've had issues with before? I would definitely be knocking on his door, to say the least!

This happened in sullivan county, we think it was a couple teenagers they didnt have camo on.

we also think they may have heard us calling and thought they were real turkey. but thats still no reason to just go and start shooting at things like that illegally.
Back to top Go down
huntquest

huntquest

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyTue May 12, 2009 1:20 am

Glad you guys didnt get hurt!!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:20 am

Thankfully you guys are ok. Thats most important. But this type of thing has always been a fear of mine during turkey season. Wish you coulda got your hands on those guys and gave them the go around. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:43 am

glad you guys are ok......wow

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:50 am

Wow .. .... glad your okay. Were you on private land or public? I think thats one of my biggest fear regardless of what type of land... cause we all know that some people don't give a flip whose land is whose and if they even have permission to hunt. Ask Mr. Volway, I really don't like hunting someplace unless I know for sure I'm on the right land with permission.

Christy
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyTue May 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Wow I am glad you guys are ok. But what in the world were they thinking?!? First of all, 300 yds with a .22??? They aren't scout snipers.. geez. That is one crazy story, again Im glad you guys are alright.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:46 pm

Mike... Very glad you are alright. That is crazy and would freak me out for sure. Some people have no clue. Very glad you are OK. It could have been a nightmare. God must have put His hedge of protection around you.

Last edited by Dave on Tue May 12, 2009 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BowBo

BowBo

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:07 pm

I'm with Mikey on this one.......... it was the scariest thing ever happened to me too!

Me and Mike being SHOT DIRECTLY AT with a .22 rifle...... TWO of 'em!!

Laying on the ground hoping and PRAYING one of those bullets didn't hit us!

And Mike wasn't lying when he said we could hear the bullets WHIZZING by our heads and hitting the trees behind us.................... UNREAL!

I sure do thank God we are still alive, AND uninjured!
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:34 pm

That is one of the craziest things I have heard. The fact they kept shooting too means they need some education way beyond the woods. Glad you two were not hurt.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:46 pm

That is crazy! They shouldn't even have guns in there hands!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:04 am

I' ve heard stories about that area being a war zone at times. Sorry it happened to you all and I'm glad you two are okay. What idiots those two were and the worst part is they'll just keep on doing it cause they probably wont get caught
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyWed May 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Thank GOD you werent hurt, I would have called the DNR immediately, I keep the leutenants cell number in my phone and he said call him anytime
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:07 pm

glad y'all are alright man.sorry it happened to ,and bad thinging about it is ,how many other people have things like this during hunting season. hard to tell ain't it.. could have been bad but thank god all worked out to the safty side.
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare EmptyFri May 15, 2009 10:17 am

That is complete stupidity right there...idiots...glad everyone is ok...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saterday Evening Scare   Saterday Evening Scare Empty

Back to top Go down

Saterday Evening Scare
Page 1 of 1