Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
    Lacrosse footwear
    Photobucket
    Carbon Express
    Photobucket
    Black Gold Sights
    Photobucket
    Nimrod Packs
    Photobucket
    SKB Bow and Gun Cases
    Photobucket
    Bohning Archery
    Photobucket
    G5 Broadheads
    Photobucket
    Scent Blocker
    Photobucket

Bow Tuning

Go down 
    +6
    hntnksn
    Corey
    Camoed Assassin
    Dave
    mathewsguy
    The Guide
    10 posters
    AuthorMessage
    The Guide

The Guide

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:41 pm

I am not an expert on tuning bows that is why I am asking this question. When I shot at 20 yards I am hitting about 1 inch right but when I go back to 40 I am shooting about 4 inches right. I think it is a out of tune rest but I am not 100% sure. If someone can help me out I sure would appreciate it. THANKS!!!
    Back to top Go down
    mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:45 pm

Sounds like something is not lined up. There are other guys on here that know more about it than i do but I would say your probably right.
    Back to top Go down
    Dave

Dave

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:50 pm

I don't consider to be an expert by any means either.... but it is clear that you need to make an adjustment. Without seeing your set up or anything, it sounds your rest just being off a little to the right (could have been bumped or whatever). The farther you shoot away from your targetthe more you will nottie incosistancies in your shot and the more your arrow will decrease in accuracy. I would have a bow tech look at your bow and make sure your rest is squared and centered. Then make sure your timing is where it needs to be if you have a drop away rest. This should be a good place to start. Hope that helps.
    Back to top Go down
    Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:59 pm

You guys are quick. I shoot with this fool. Its operator error.
    Back to top Go down
    Corey

Corey

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:09 am

Camoed Assassin wrote:
    You guys are quick. I shoot with this fool. Its operator error.

HAHAHAHA I LOVE IT!!!
    Back to top Go down
    hntnksn

hntnksn

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:06 am

have you "walk back" tuned the bow?

your rest is off. i'd say move it left. but only slightly like 1/32" at a time. it won't take much.
    Back to top Go down
    The Guide

The Guide

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:15 am

Thanks everyone!!! I will work on that this week. No operator error here. Well maybe a little rusty, but what happened last year Camoed Assassin when you missed twice by a couple of feet on VIDEO? lol! lol! lol!
    Back to top Go down
    volway

volway

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 8:13 am

The Guide wrote:
    Thanks everyone!!! I will work on that this week. No operator error here. Well maybe a little rusty, but what happened last year Camoed Assassin when you missed twice by a couple of feet on VIDEO? lol! lol! lol!

UH_OH the gloves have come off now.

lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Back to top Go down
    mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:00 am

Oh ya thats what I like to hear I would love to see the video of the missed deer. You guys are gonna be alot of fun I can see that already.
    Back to top Go down
    Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:18 pm

We will post it as soon as we figure out how. He misses to, Iwas just lucky enough to get it caught on film. Hmm. I think I can muster up a few of the guides turkey misses caught on tape. Aw ya we also have him on tape missing a deer @ maybe 40 yds with a muzzelloader with a scope. Thats right Volway its bare knuckle time.
    Back to top Go down
    Robert

Robert

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:44 pm

Looking forward to seeing that
    Back to top Go down
    dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Definately walk back tune take a piece of electical tape about two foot long stick it on your target straight up and down start at 20 yards an aim at the tape 3 arrow group if its a left group bring your rest in slightly shoot another group an so on till your on the tape, use same pin an go to 30 yards you will hit low but if your still left move rest in ever so slightly till your on the tape and go to 40 yards and repeat steps using same pin, then go back to twenty yards and repeat steps and if your on the tape eveytime your good to go and broadheads should be with field points. any questions call me at 260-610-4970
    Back to top Go down
    Dave

Dave

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:00 pm

dkoutdoors wrote:
    Definately walk back tune take a piece of electical tape about two foot long stick it on your target straight up and down start at 20 yards an aim at the tape 3 arrow group if its a left group bring your rest in slightly shoot another group an so on till your on the tape, use same pin an go to 30 yards you will hit low but if your still left move rest in ever so slightly till your on the tape and go to 40 yards and repeat steps using same pin, then go back to twenty yards and repeat steps and if your on the tape eveytime your good to go and broadheads should be with field points. any questions call me at 260-610-4970

You heard it from the tune master himself and he was kind enough to leave you his number...
    Back to top Go down
    Joe

Joe

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:42 pm

Some great advice here...
    Back to top Go down
    The Guide

The Guide

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Joe wrote:

Sure was some good advice. I was able to do the walkback and got it shooting a heck of a lot better just in one night. Just recieved a new set of sights today, so this weekend I will make some final adjustments and start sighting in. Thanks for everybodys help. Also Camoed Assassin has got me there but what can I say it was my first time hunting turkeys with the stick and string. I don't know what excuse he can come up with. lol! lol!
    Back to top Go down
    Dave

Dave

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 9:58 pm

The Guide wrote:
    Joe wrote:

Sure was some good advice. I was able to do the walkback and got it shooting a heck of a lot better just in one night. Just recieved a new set of sights today, so this weekend I will make some final adjustments and start sighting in. Thanks for everybodys help. Also Camoed Assassin has got me there but what can I say it was my first time hunting turkeys with the stick and string. I don't know what excuse he can come up with. lol! lol!

You two are brutal towards eachother... bet you'd each drop everything to help the other out if they were in trouble though. I got a couple friends like that. Good stuff.
    Back to top Go down
    The Guide

The Guide

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Dave its all in good fun. Besides I need somebody to film. lol! lol! lol!
    Back to top Go down
    Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:26 pm

The Guide wrote:
    Joe wrote:

Remember I was shooting your release. You ha ve to remember, excuses are like A** HOLES everyone has one
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Bow Tuning Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bow Tuning   Bow Tuning Empty

Back to top Go down

Bow Tuning
    Page 1 of 1