Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Did some paper tuning today...

Go down 
+3
Camoed Assassin
Snivs
Dave
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Did some paper tuning today... Empty
PostSubject: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Well, I finally got my buddies bow all squared away today... We were having a little trouble with his drop away rest. We used chalk on his vanes and finally figured out that his rest was not getting out of the way fast enough. Once I got the timing down< low and behold we got the bullet hole in the paper that we were looking for.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:35 pm

Thanks for the advice Dave. I tried shooting carbons off one of bows with a drop away and I could not get it to hold a pattern. Tried everything but the chalk. I will keep this in mind as last week I put the stabilizer I got from you and some sights on my newer bow and I put the drop away I have on. Just need to get my carbons and a new release and I will be tuning away.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Glad to help... the blue chalk showed up great on the black felt which cover the drop away arm, easily showing us that the launcher arm was not getting out of the way fast enough.

You can also use your wifes lipstick (of course bright red works best), put it on the edges of all vanes. You can also put white masking tape over the things that the vanes could potentially come in contact with. The red lipstick will show up great on the white tape.

Just make sure you don't put any on scratch or we might need to have another talk...
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:51 pm

Thanks for the additional advice and most of all a good laugh.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Glad you got everything straight. i just had my new Vapor Trail string and cables put on my bow and had my Carbon Express Mayhems cut down. We paer tunned at the pro shop and BANG no adjustments needed on my rig. Hopefully we can get some shooting this week and get Snivs straight to.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks for the tips dave, I'll be papertuning my bow in the next few weeks and I'll keep this in mind.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:47 pm

glad you guys figured it out
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:27 pm

Walkback tuning is the only way to go. Can't just depend on paper. Cam timing BH/ATA are important.
Back to top Go down
grampscreek

PostSubject: Paper tuning   Did some paper tuning today... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:35 pm

I have been bow hunting for 19 year and have never paper tuned my bows. Always wanted to but never did. I shoot pretty good in my mind, about a dessert plate at 50 yard consistant.

My Question is how do I paper tune my bow? should I do it myself or go to a proshop?

Thank for the help in advance.
Back to top Go down
grampscreek

PostSubject: Paper tuning   Did some paper tuning today... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:35 pm

I have been bow hunting for 19 year and have never paper tuned my bows. Always wanted to but never did. I shoot pretty good in my mind, about a dessert plate at 50 yard consistant.

My Question is how do I paper tune my bow? should I do it myself or go to a proshop?

Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:35 pm

If you don't have the frame to paper tune you can use an old pict frame, and go to a hobby shop and get a roll of paper or in a pinch you could use news paper. Paper tuning is mainly for arrow rest adj, cam timing, brace height, and axel to axel are just as important. I mainly never paper tune, walk back tuning is the best way.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:37 pm

grampscreek wrote:

If your arrows are flying straight and your good with what you see, then if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:58 pm

grampscreek wrote:

Here is a link to walk back tuning.

http://forums.mathewsinc.com/archery-4/technical-faq-28/walk-back-tuning-how-to-do-it-44159/?highlight=vince71969
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:28 pm

Good link 30point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did some paper tuning today...   Did some paper tuning today... Empty

Back to top Go down

Did some paper tuning today...
Page 1 of 1