Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT

Go down 
+8
littleslink
Adam
TheRomer
Corey
Robert
Camoed Assassin
MRA
BLS131
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BLS131

BLS131

PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT Empty
PostSubject: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 5:49 pm

I LIVE IN PITTSBURGH AND I HATE THIS NEW CROSSBOW LAW .IF YOU USE A CROSSBOW TO HUNT YOU SHOULD ONLY BE ABLE TO USE IT DURING RIFLE SEASON OR IF YOUR DISABLED. IT S NOT FAIR TO THE PEOPLE WHO HUNT WITH A COMPOUND BOW IT S HARD ENOUGH TO SHOOT ONE WITH BOW. A CROSSBOW IS JUST A GUN WITH AN ARROW AND A RIFLE SCOPE NOT FAIR TO THE REST OF USE. IM NOT IN FAVOR OF USING CROSSBOWS IN PA Mad Mad Mad Mad IF YOU USE ONE FIND A NEW HOBBY
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:02 pm

I dont like cross bows either but thats the way the law is in kansas and I think its good the way it is. Yes crossbows are pritty simple to shoot but just think if you were disabled and couldnt fire a compound bow, wouldnt you want to be able to use a crossbow............ Really if you think about it crossbows arent much off from the copund bows these days, which im not complaining, its just true. All the sights you can use on a bow are basically like that of a crossbow but the crossbow can shoot faster. Thats just my opinion and you ask what others think of it lol! so im not trying to start anything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BLS131

BLS131

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:05 pm

I M NOT AGAINST THE DISABLED USING A CROOSBOW I M AGAINST THE PEOPLE WHO DO HAVE A DISABILITY USING THEM
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Im with you guys. Disabled or a child should be allowed. Probablly during the gun season too.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 9:28 pm

I will say I'm all for disabled hunters using them but to be honest it doesn't bother me who uses them. I know this will be unpopular but my bow shoots faster than a lot of crossbows and further too. Plus if it gets more people out hunting then I'm okay with it too. I can understand the others issue with it but I don't see it much here and not much of a problem. Just one mans opinion
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:14 am

I understand the issues also, but I just think that the benifits of getting more people involved in hunting far outway the issues. Crossbow hunting is a way for people to get into the sport (no matter the age) but I would be willing to bet that they tend to move into compound bows as they get more serious about the sport.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:26 am

I dont see a problem with them either if they are a legal. I dont see why it is unfair to us compound bow hunter its not like they are shooting our deer.
I do have a crossbow and i have shot a deer with it. but i will pick my compound over it anyday i think i have the advantage with my compound over the crossbow. they are alot louder and the deer still have to be in close.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 2:09 am

I know one problem that the state will have with them... That is Poaching. A crossbow is the easiest weapon to poach with and now if it is legal in the state of PA, with the high number of hunters, you better believe that the poaching numbers will go WAY up.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 2:54 pm

I think anything to get more hunters in the woods is a good thing. However, the first time a cross bow hunter messes up my set up, I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune...
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Me personally I am not a fan of crossbows. I am all for it for the disabled and the youth. However, if you are able to use a compound and you want to hunt during archery season, then you should use a compound. Just me just the way I see it. My bow is much faster and a TON quieter than a crossbow, so my opinion has nothing to do with those factors. If a crossbow is something that can get people into hunting that normally would not be involved I am all for it. Other than that I am not so sure.
Back to top Go down
PAkilla86

PAkilla86

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 8:06 pm

I think people need to stop whining about the xbow law...do some research about other states who allow crossbows theres really no increase or decrease in deer killed, hunters, or deer that are wounded and not found. Its not going to change your hunt unless you let it...is a xbow hunter setting in your stand with ya....if not quit whining go practice some more and you shouldnt worry bout how others enjoy hunting.

Just imagine how strictly gun hunters feel about us "archery weenies" in the wood 2 months before they can be. Or the ole timers who shot only long bows or recurves just to see the compound storm the archery world. The only question I would ask is have you ever shot a xbow...if you dont have a super solid rest good luck putting 5 bolts inside a pizza pan...lol.
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 10:36 pm

PAkilla86 wrote:
I think people need to stop whining about the xbow law...do some research about other states who allow crossbows theres really no increase or decrease in deer killed, hunters, or deer that are wounded and not found. Its not going to change your hunt unless you let it...is a xbow hunter setting in your stand with ya....if not quit whining go practice some more and you shouldnt worry bout how others enjoy hunting.

Just imagine how strictly gun hunters feel about us "archery weenies" in the wood 2 months before they can be. Or the ole timers who shot only long bows or recurves just to see the compound storm the archery world. The only question I would ask is have you ever shot a xbow...if you dont have a super solid rest good luck putting 5 bolts inside a pizza pan...lol.

Stop holding back and tell us how you really feel. hahahah just jokn.

I agree with you. Especially about what the old timers think about us using these compound bows when they grew up shooting traditional archery. They prolly think we are a joke for using them!!!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:05 pm

very well said PA,why worry about the way others hunt and just enjoy you own hunts.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:10 am

I think Bow hunters in PA are having a little problem with the X bow thing for some different reasons. First off, us bow hunters in PA who hunt "Public" land I think are pretty territorial when it comes to bow season. I can understand how the bow hunter can be sensitive about this because Bow season is a lot different than the rifle season because there is way less hunting pressure put on the whitetail. Guys have their "spots" and don't want more hunters on their spots interfering with their hunting. Yes it is wonderful to get more folks involved in the sport and I fully support that. Everyone talks about how we need to make the sport grow, why then in PA is there a posted sign put up around every corner nowadays? People will shoot you if you walk on their hunting grounds it seems. These are the majority of folks who are complaining about it. Some people are sensitive that the deer they have on trail camera and maybe the big one they have on their hit list will be shot by a hunter with a X bow who normally would not have been there. I think the guy who puts the time and effort in to track down a big mature whitetail on public ground understands how hard it really is. Most of the guys I have talked to about this who do hunt public land are not really concerned about it.

There are over 1.5 million hunting license sold in PA every year, and let me tell you, Rifle season can get pretty crowded. So the bow hunters who get to hunt the earlier part of the year are not as crammed for space in the woods. Now that the X bow is being introduced, there will be more hunters in the woods during that early period which means there will be more pressure put on the already Highly pressured Pennsylvania whitetail and more competition for hunting locations. I think that the Bow Hunters who have a problem with the X Bow are worried that bow season will become how rifle season is.

Not that Rifle season is a bad thing. I love it! It is fun to cover huge tracks of land with a group of hunters and push deer around all day. But bow hunting offers peace and tranquility when it comes to sitting in a nice stand on a cool fall morning or evening. It is just different and I think that the Bow hunters don't want to lose that. I don't think they will by any means, but it seems to be a concern.

For those of you who are not familiar with PA Public hunting, it offers over 1.5 million acres of State Game Lands and 2 million acres of state forest land. Very much of the land is remote and tough to get to, but can hold some Dandy Whitetails. It does take work though even to see a mature buck on these grounds because of the pressure and the terrain.

Now is this X Bow introduction in bow season a bad thing? I would not say that. I just think it will be something that bow hunters will have to get used to and be curtious instead of mad when a X bow hunter "messes up their set." It will be an interesting introductory period to see how it works out with the X bow hunters mixing with the Compound bow hunters. I don't think it will be that big of a deal to be honest with you. The more a person worries about it the more they will let it affect how they enjoy hunting.

I have been interrupted many times in the woods being that I hunt on public land. It us usually some old timer who has spent WAY more time in the woods than I have and probably has a pretty good story or two to share.
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:23 pm

Interesting topic here... all i will say is there are positive and negative characteristics allowing xbows during archery season.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:35 pm

I understand both side but there is one common love of hunting between shotgun,rifle,bow, or crossbow we are all outdoorsman who love hunting and I think we need to respect everyones choice in there weapon as long as it is legal in the state they use it in. I personally wont use one but its the individuals choice to use what ever weapon they want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT   PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT Empty

Back to top Go down

PA CROSSBOW LAW ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF IT OR NOT
Page 1 of 1