Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

What a storm that came through yesterday evening.

Go down 
+8
Joe
littleslink
TheRomer
The Guide
mathewsguy
Brandon
Mark
MRA
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MRA

MRA

What a storm that came through yesterday evening. Empty
PostSubject: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:43 am

Well I was watching the weather and seen some nice rain was coming in. I was talking to my buddy Raliegh (racknfeatherlodge) on the phone, we were about to hang up and he started saying how the wind was blowing like crazy there and that he needed to put the cars away. Well he lives about 6 miles west of me so I then decided to put my truck in the shed and my girlfriends van and the puppy. I got outside and looked to the west and seen some nasty darl green and black clouds coming. So I hurried up to get all that done and by the time I was 100 yds from my house to go back in a huge wall of dust and wind hit. The winds blew atleast 80 mph for 15 to 20 min, they didnt blow that hard nonstop but it gusted that high for sure. The wind drove the rain right in my west windows and my bed got soaked. I was almost to the point where it was time to head for the basement. I kept watching the tree in front of my door just waiting for it to tumble over. In the end no one was hurt but there was damage across the county. alot of people were out of power all night, but I still had it. I had some tin blow off my barn and a couple good sized tree limbs go down. But east of my house there was a machinery shed that lost the roof and a few of the walls. Havent had anything like that for a couple years, always seems to get your blood flowing.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 12:27 pm

sounds intense

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 12:37 pm

Crazy!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 12:47 pm

It got nasty here yesterday afternoon and they where talking about twisters again and thats just crazy for this part of the country but All is good alot of trees down and some power lines got knocked out as well. Glad your all safe and did not get damage
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Gald to here everybody is safe. It really does get your blood flowing. We had a bad storm hit here a couple of Fridays ago. There was one confirmed tornado and a lot of strait line winds. I don't thinks it matters were you are from anymore. But at least nobody was hurt and you had minimal damage to the barns.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:44 pm

glad every thing is ok on your end, they same storm is comeing threw here tonight, saying it could be pretty bad in places.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 4:41 pm

Glad to hear no one was hurt. We had a pretty nasty storm in St. Marys as well. Quarter size hail in my yards, and 3 tornadoes touched down nearby as well. I have heard that a lot of trees are down, but no injuries reported as of yet...
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 4:56 pm

The wind never blows in Kansas.....ha!

Glad everyone is alright and no big damage was done.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:53 pm

Glad you are good to go
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:39 pm

Glad to hear no one got hurt and nothing got tore up to bad.
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 8:29 am

Glad youre ok. I think I got the rest of it here in Springfield! It got pretty nasty out here yesterday.
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:11 am

We live in Alabama and right smack in the middle of a hayfield. We get a lot of storms like that. The sun will be shining and before you know it, it is like a tornado. We had to tie down the trampoline, chicken pens, etc... lol Glad you are ok.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a storm that came through yesterday evening.   What a storm that came through yesterday evening. Empty

Back to top Go down

What a storm that came through yesterday evening.
Page 1 of 1