Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head?

Go down 
+5
mathewsguy
oregonzach
Camoed Assassin
Joe
Dave
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head? Empty
PostSubject: Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head?   Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 8:39 pm

Just wondered how many of you carry some type of non-broadhead tip in your quiver? If not, I highly recommend it. It is a great way to make sure you stay accurate from your treestand. After a morning hunt I usually take my small game head out and fire it out at the base of a tree or a stump. It is just a great way to make sure your sight did not get bumped and make sure you have no problems while shooting with all your hunting clothes on in a realistic hunting situation. You can usually pick them up for about $5 and they are well worth the investment!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head?   Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 8:45 pm

I love shooting small game heads are squirrels. Now that right there will show you how your shooting at a small target. But I don't carry them in my quiver while on a hunt. I do however shoot before a walk into the stand to make sure everything on my bow is right if I have the time. Also when my bow is sighted in completely I wll make small marks on every part that would effect my shot. That way if I am in the stand and see something not lined up I know it needs to be fixed before I take a shot.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head?   Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 8:55 pm

I used to have 1 arrow in the quiver that had a field point that I would shoot at a leaf or something eveytime just before climbing down from a morning hunt, but for some reason I haven't been doing it the last couple of seasons. The Guide and I are going to carry a target with us and shoot before going to stand in the evenings this year. It does do your confidence good if you know everythings in order before taking a shot at a deer. And we do take some shots at squirrels from time to time but we didn't connect on any last year. Darn things are fast.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head?   Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 9:39 pm

I like to keep an arrow with a field point or an old broadhead on. But its mostly because I like popping a shot at a squirrel if its 11am and I havn't seen any deer moving. Sometimes I get antsy!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head?   Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 9:41 pm

I always keep one in my quiver
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head?   Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:31 pm

oregonzach wrote:
I like to keep an arrow with a field point or an old broadhead on. But its mostly because I like popping a shot at a squirrel if its 11am and I havn't seen any deer moving. Sometimes I get antsy!

x2 on that one
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head?   Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Oh yeah, that why I have a quiver that holds a least 5 because at least one is always a field point, small game head or old broadhead. It helps keep you sharp and pass the time.
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head?   Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 12:35 am

I always have a field tip in one arrow also.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head?   Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:12 pm

I personally only carry broadheads in my quiver. If I was able to make a second shot I would be too afraid I would grab the wrong arrow not paying attention as excited as I get. Sometimes I just shoot a regular broad head at a squirrel if they day is real slow. I just try to minimize chances for mistake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head?   Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head? Empty

Back to top Go down

Judo tip, Blunt tip, Small Game Head?
Page 1 of 1