Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Big boys not afraid of coyotes?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
littleslink

littleslink

Big boys not afraid of coyotes? Empty
PostSubject: Big boys not afraid of coyotes?   Big boys not afraid of coyotes? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:20 pm

Check out the time stamp on the bottom of the two picks...

Big boys not afraid of coyotes? 829coyote

Big boys not afraid of coyotes? 829bentG26pt

I figured the bucks would get a wiff of the coyote sent and high tail it out of there, but they hung out in the corner of that field for the better part of an hour. The next time that coyote runs by and you think it ruined your hunt, you might want to think again...
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Big boys not afraid of coyotes?   Big boys not afraid of coyotes? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:24 pm

Yeah, they probably don't effect bucks as much as we think for the whole day, but I've never seen a deer stay in a field that a coyote came into.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Big boys not afraid of coyotes?   Big boys not afraid of coyotes? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:53 am

That picture reminded me that I am really hoping to take a yote fom the stand this year...
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Big boys not afraid of coyotes?   Big boys not afraid of coyotes? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 am

I think grown deer can hold their own against a yote. Like Zach said though, even grown deer don't want to hang around too close when one is in the area. I have heard of turkeys fighting off a single yote and I even witnessed a cow charge at a single yote. The problem comes in when the yote is with some of its buddies or the deer a single yote is after is a sick deer or a young fawn. Last month I actually found a young fawn that fell prey to a yote. Its sad but its nature I guess. All I know is every chance I get I am taking a yote out.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Big boys not afraid of coyotes?   Big boys not afraid of coyotes? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:37 am

Joe wrote:
I think grown deer can hold their own against a yote. Like Zach said though, even grown deer don't want to hang around too close when one is in the area. I have heard of turkeys fighting off a single yote and I even witnessed a cow charge at a single yote. The problem comes in when the yote is with some of its buddies or the deer a single yote is after is a sick deer or a young fawn. Last month I actually found a young fawn that fell prey to a yote. Its sad but its nature I guess. All I know is every chance I get I am taking a yote out.

I guess that's true. I just alwasy assumed with as good of a nose as a deer had, as soon as they smelled a preditor, they would be gone. They don't seem to stick around very long when they smell me in the stand...
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Big boys not afraid of coyotes?   Big boys not afraid of coyotes? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:11 am

littleslink wrote:
They don't seem to stick around very long when they smell me in the stand...

Haha you and me both!
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Big boys not afraid of coyotes?   Big boys not afraid of coyotes? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:12 am

I am sure it puts them on alert. They will be prepared to take off if necessary. Pretty cool sequence of pics though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big boys not afraid of coyotes?   Big boys not afraid of coyotes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Big boys not afraid of coyotes?
Page 1 of 1