Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Kentucky trip

Go down 
+9
Joe
volway
Camoed Assassin
littleslink
oregonzach
Dave
mathewsguy
TheRomer
Robert
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert

Robert

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Wow what a trip I had. Got down to NW Kentucky on Friday afternoon and met Corey at our Hotel. We went right out and check a few places for sign. We settled on a 3000 acres hardwoods in the middle of a bunch of swampy land. Saturday morning was slow and got warm fast. We didn't see anything as we set up 50 yards in the woods on a field edge. We walked about 4 miles in the later morning doing some scouting and found a great spot in a creek bottom near a corn field. We saw a lot of great sign. Spent Saturday night and SUnday morning hunting there. The deer were in that area but only after dark. We did a good deal more scouting on Sunday as well as talked to some of the local guys we saw. It was the same answer"that's a good area for nice bucks" We decided to go a little deeper in the woods on Sunday night and did that but still was unable to connect. The trip wasn't a complete wash as we saw a few does and some twin young ones. Plus I got to spend a few days hunting with a great guy in Corey Ragsdale. Corey was fun to share a camp with and sit with. He was great on the camera and great in front of the camera. We had some goofy funny moments and laughed a good deal. Unfortuneatly my trip was cut a day short when I was bit by something that affected me a good deal. Got a terrible place on my stomach that is not only painful but, to be honest, nasty and messy. Was unable to continue on the trip as I couldn't even wear a shirt. Corey was great about it and never did anything but make it an easy decision. I certainly hope that we have serveral hunts together in the future.
On a side note I've never seen anyone climb a tree faster in a climber stand. I guess being 6'4 and a pro athlete in perfect shape makes all the difference but he got 22 feet up in less than 30 seconds. I was embrassed to start climbing. lol
Didn't end the way I wanted it to but I had a great trip and will be back in Kentucky later this year looking for another future star of WTA productions
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Sorry to hear about the bite Robert,hopefully it will heal up fast.

even tho you guys didnt score sound like a great friendship was made to last a lifetime. cheers

congrats to you both
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:23 pm

Glad you guys had a good time.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:24 pm

Great post Robert. We are all sorry to hear about that bite you got amd hope that it goes away quickly and that you are back to normal in no time. I am glad that you and Corey were both safe on your travels.

Sounds like you really enjoyed your trip and I am sure you learned a few things as well.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Hey, I'm just glad you made it back alive! Only a few brown recluse bites? Thats the best you could have hoped for!!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:40 pm

I had a couple skeeters carry me about 15 feet away but I got caught on a tree branch and they dropped me. Only reason I got away was that tree, lol. Man were there a lot of skeeters
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Robert wrote:
I had a couple skeeters carry me about 15 feet away but I got caught on a tree branch and they dropped me. Only reason I got away was that tree, lol. Man were there a lot of skeeters

Heard they were as big as the one I smoked the "X ring" on at the R100 affraid
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Sounds like you had a good time, except for the bites. Better luck next time...
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Sorry to hear about the bite and having to cut the trip short. Glad you all had fun, better luck next trip.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:29 pm

man i got to thinking, you didnt get bit by a recluse(sp) spider did ya? the area gets bigger and bigger and gets pretty messy
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Yeah it was warm up there this past weekend,To bad it wasn't planned for this weekend,Calling for cooler temps.Good chatting with ya (via Text) while ya'll were up there.We will try and hook up next time your up(or down for you),Guess I will be going back up Thurs or Fri
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:18 am

Sounds like a fun trip. Wish you guys coulda connected but sounds like yoiu guys have fun and thats all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:08 pm

Great trip. That is warm weather hunting for ya. Gotta get real lucky sometimes. Glad you got to spend some time with Rags... Great dude for sure!
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:09 pm

no doubt got bit by the KY nontypical buck bug lol! lol! Very Happy hope you are alright man,ever find out what it was ? sorry about you not gettin' a deer,me neither..been a little hot for me to hunt.cool mornings now are gettin' me stirred up and a little jittery. got a couple trail cams out tryin' to see whats movin' arrouind. hope you get one on film soon ,
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:34 pm

atricle on the brown recluse spider (just in case)the toxin of this spiderattacks the cells and tissue arround the bite.envenomation can resultin destruction of redblood cells.a lowering of the platelet count,kidney failure ,coma,and death. SYMPTONS; severe painat the bite location,then itching,nausea,vomiting,fever,and muscel pain.some bites resultin a wound thatremains open and oozing for weeks.TREATMENT; there are no antivenin in the US for the brown recluse spider bite.inital treatmentincludes application of ice packs to the area with the pain and swelling and elevation of theaffected limb above the heart.wash the area with cool water and mild soapand avoid strenuous activity that wouldraise the pulse rate andspread thetoxin through the body.. man,i hope you don't have any of these symptons .i'll keep you in my prayers and hope you get better soon.. thought this article would be handy to post .
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:27 pm

Sounds like a good time boys!
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:27 pm

It was a good time. A little hot and not a whole lot of deer but it was fun anyway. I had a great time with Robert and look forward to getting to hunt with him again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kentucky trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky trip   Kentucky trip Empty

Back to top Go down

Kentucky trip
Page 1 of 1