Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Youth season- sons first deer

Go down 
+14
Tall Tine
LawCoBowhunter
oregonzach
Jody
TheRomer
Dave
Early Morning Gobble
Corey
Joe
mathewsguy
volway
Camoed Assassin
Robert
Big Sexy
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

Youth season- sons first deer Empty
PostSubject: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 6:49 am

Well my 6 yr old shot his first deer last night! A BIG doe. He did it all by himself! From the time we got going and got on the four wheeler he said he wanted to sit on one of the other food plots, not in the blind in which I had prepared and we had previously been hunting. After him being very persuasive, I caved and we took the chair that were in the blind and continued our walk to another food plot in which we had nothing prepared. Once we got there we built a little nest in the weeds and concealed ourselves as much s possible by pulling weeds and stacking them for cover. We saw several deer, but none of them came in under 70 yds. Too far of a shot for my boy. Then a doe and two fawns were on their way to visit us in our food plots and I wanted to capture it on film and got the tape rolling. As they were on their way in they stopped and the fled. I did not know what was up and the little guy was very disappointed to say the least. He had been hunting hard and putting in the hours. That is when I realized there was a light on my camcorder I had forgotten about. It was shinning like a beacon saying “here we are”! I put the camera away and hoped we would see more deer as our light was quickly running out. Then another 3 doe came in the field at an angle we had not cleared weeds for a shot. I was on my hands and knees clearing the grass so my son could see and doe spotted me. Instead of fleeing she started stomping right towards our direction. She closed the gap fast to les than 20 yds quartering very slightly right at us. I had been telling Zeke to hold, hold and then said ok, kill her, yet nothing. Finally I asked what was wrong. He said she wasn’t turning sideway for him for a broadside shot. (We had went over shot placement many times reviewing trail cam pics) the deer was getting antsy and was ready to bolt and said put in on the center of her and let her have it, she is close enough you will be ok (I know this was not the best angle, but she was so close now) and BOOM! Deer on the ground. Zeke jumped up and yelled YES! I missed getting the kill on tape, but it was still the best hunt of my life. Zeke later asked my wife if there was such a thing as a happy cry in which she replied why yes there is why? He said “because when I shot my doe I almost cried because I was so happy”! Now if that did not put closure to a great youth season for old dad, I don’t know what would.

Pics will soon follow. Hope I have not bored anyone.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 6:58 am

COngrats to both of you. Sounds like a perfect night
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:17 am

CONGRATS to the both of you. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:36 am

Congrats to the big man.Sounds like we got us a future Affliction member
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:37 am

alright man that is great tell the big guy congrats for me. I am sure that will be the first of many to come for you two. Cant wait to see the pics
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 am

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:08 am

Congrats to both of you! Hopefully its the first of many that you get to share.
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:33 am

great story and coaching dad .... congrats on the doe
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:15 am

That is awesome... I felt like I was there in the weed pile with you both! Great read. Thanks buddy!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:56 am

That is awesome, congrats to you both, our youth season starts this weekend and we will have 4 youths out trying to get a doe
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Pics included   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:47 am

Not the best pics.. I regret not spending more time taking them, let that be a lesson to all, but here they are!

Youth season- sons first deer IMG_2028

Youth season- sons first deer IMG_2033

Youth season- sons first deer JstZeke
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Great stuff Big Sexy!! A huge congratulations to your son. I know the great feeling as my youngest shot his first deer last year with a bow. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Great pics to go with the story. The smile on his face tells it all
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:51 pm

Wow, that is so awesome! I can't wait to be able to share that experience with my kids,
that is such an awesome time! So he was able to hold that big long shotgun and aim it by himself,
huh? Impressive! Again, a big congrats to both of you!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:56 pm

NIce pics. Looks to beone proud kid right there.
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:20 pm

Congrats to your son!
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:54 pm

oregonzach wrote:
So he was able to hold that big long shotgun and aim it by himself,
huh?!

Not with out a tri pod. Yes, with the tri pod adjusted to the correct level he can shoulder it, aim and shoot by himself. It is way cool. We shot 22s almost everyday for a month just to get his shooting down pat. There is alot of truth to practice makes perfect. Being the 20 gauge is an REm 1100 LT, there is little kick as well wich help such a small kid.

Thank you for all the comments.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:56 pm

Awesome pics man, the smile on his face says it all. congrats again to the both of you
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 7:01 pm

That is great.... Love it. Is your son a member on the sight yet?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:14 pm

that is awesome! Big congrats to your boy!
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:43 pm

That is awesome. Gongrats to the both of you. It will be something the both of you will always remember.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Great Story.. Truely awesome. Somethin you won't ever forget
Back to top Go down
LittleRomer

LittleRomer

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:23 pm

that is cool, congrats to him. hopefully ill get one this weekend
Back to top Go down
FNGfromWV

FNGfromWV

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:16 pm

Congrats..He looks so happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Youth season- sons first deer   Youth season- sons first deer Empty

Back to top Go down

Youth season- sons first deer
Page 1 of 1