Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

youth season weekend

Go down 
+10
Big Sexy
volway
oregonzach
Robert
Dave
twodog
The Guide
mathewsguy
Camoed Assassin
TheRomer
14 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRomer

youth season weekend Empty
PostSubject: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 8:06 pm

Well it started out with just me and my son (LittleRomer) in the box blind sat. morning, was a very foggy morning as the sun come up. it was about about a half hour after day break I saw a deer comeing threw the fogg to our left I told andrew to get his gun ready. it disapeared in the fogg wen it got up to the fence line. then when we saw it again it was comeing down the fence line right at us. it was a young deer and it was looking to cross the fence. so i told andrew to get on it and if it turns broad side to take the shot.

It got to around 40 yrds and turned broadside and I said are you on it and he said yeah so i said shoot when your feel good about takeing the shot. wasnt about a sec later KAABOOM and the deer jumped straight up and ran off threw the beens.

We new it was hit and was high fiveing and all that stuff. being it was still early we waited to go out after everyone else was done hunting.

In the mean time BowBo hits me on the radio about a half hour later and said, "did you hear that" and i said, "no what was it"?
He said he just herd a bunch of yotes makeing alot of racket. but we didnt think any more of it.

so after everyone was done they came over to where we where to help find the deer. we found blood right off the bat but the beens were so wet that the blood was watery, but we ended up tracking the deer for a good 200 yrds untill it crossed the fence. and after that we found nothing no blood no hair nothing.

And Bowbo said this is where i herd the yotes going off. so we dont know if the yotes got the deer or if he didnt get that good of a shot on it or what. but we could not find it anywhere.

So now Andrew is all bumbed out this is the second deer he has shot and could not find in the last 2 years( the deer he shot with the 410 last year).

youth season weekend IMG_0113
youth season weekend IMG_0114

For the evening hunt we had my nephew join us on the hunt, he is 16. we ended up seeing 7 deer but with no shots

youth season weekend IMG_0121

The same evening we did hear my buddies son shot he is 12 and his second year hunting.
He got his very first deer cheers a button buck
Congrats Christopher (we call him Topher), way to go little buddy

youth season weekend IMG_0117
youth season weekend IMG_0120

And for The sunday hunt we saw 6 deer total with no shots

Was a Great time with the kids and cant wait to do it again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 8:27 pm

Good story but that stinks you couldn't find it. Keep his head up it's part of hunting, there's plenty of them deer out there. Congrats to Topher.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 8:32 pm

Thats a bummer tell him to keep his head up. I had yotes get after a deer I shot with a bow one time they will run them in the ground even when they are dead on there feet. I found the deer about 3 days later all ate up about 400 yards from where I shot her.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Hey thats awesome he got his first deer. Just like CA said it stinks when you can't find them. But it happens to us all. Sounds like you guys had a good time and that is all that counts.
Back to top Go down
twodog

twodog

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:15 pm

That sucks for andrew, but like everybody has said, it is part of it and it does happen to everyone.

Congrats to Topher, he killed his first deer with the same gun I killed my first one with 29 years ago. Cant beat those old 20 gauge H&R single shots.

I am sure Andrew has a deer with his name on it later this season.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks for filling me in earlier... I am sure they will get some more chances. Tell them to stay at it!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Sounds like your boy has some of my luck but I'm glad you all got one deer. Congrats
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:43 pm

Thats to bad he lost his deer, guess we need to spend some serious time thinning those coyotes. I guess its meantto be that his first deer he gets his hands on will be a buck!
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:24 am

That stinks,Have him stay positive,And a BIG congrats to Topher
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 6:39 am

Sorry to hear about that.. Sad One thing about it, you are teaching him what hunting is about. It has happened and will contiue to happen from time to time hunting. It is still memories that will be with him for a long time hunting with PA.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 8:21 am

Sorry to hear that but a congrats on the youngster's first deer.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:55 pm

sounds like a fun weekend......

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:04 pm

Looks like everyone had a great time...
Back to top Go down
ebrown

ebrown

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Hate to hear it for your boy that he lost the deer, but atleast you spent some valuable time together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: youth season weekend   youth season weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

youth season weekend
Page 1 of 1