Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added

Go down 
+7
Dream Catcher
littleslink
Godfather
Jody
Dave
mathewsguy
Corey
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey

Corey

AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added Empty
PostSubject: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 10:56 pm

Ok guys I just wanted to see what yall think the age of these deer are. I covered the horns so that it doesnt affect your guesses. I will just number the pics and yall can number your guess accordingly. I dont know the ages for sure either, but I wanted to hear yalls thoughts. I will post the regular pics after a few days so you can see what they look like with their horns. Thanks!

1)
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added King2-
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added King2
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added King5
2)
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added Nice104
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added Nice10-
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added Nice10
3)
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added Grandpa-
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added Grandpa
4)
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added New10-
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added New10
5)
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added Youngbrow3-
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added Youngbrow3
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added Youngbrow2
6)
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added Nice8-
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added Nice8
AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added NICE8-1

Last edited by Corey on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:27 am

Ok here we go
1. 2 1/2
2. 3 1/2
3. 2 1/2
4. 2 1/2
5. 2 1/2
6. 3 1/2
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:35 am

1. 2 1/2
2. 2 1/2
3. 3 1/2
4. 2 1/2
5. 2 1/2
6. 3 1/2
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:01 am

It is hard to judge the age by just one angle of a picture but here is what I am thinking.
1. 1.5
2. 2.5
3. 3.5
4. 2.5
5. 2.5
6. 3.5
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:04 am

Jody wrote:
It is hard to judge the age by just one angle of a picture but here is what I am thinking.
1. 1.5
2. 2.5
3. 3.5
4. 2.5
5. 2.5
6. 3.5

Yea I thought of that but Im prolly not smart enough to put that many pics up at once.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:26 am

Corey wrote:
Jody wrote:
1. 1.5
2. 2.5
3. 3.5
4. 2.5
5. 2.5
6. 3.5

Yea I thought of that but Im prolly not smart enough to put that many pics up at once.

Prolly? You're probably right about the smart thing. When your computer says press any key to continue... You must be one of those guys that gets all frustrated because you are looking at the keyboard for a single key with the letters "ANY" on it. lol!

You know we're buds and I am just ripping on ya.
Back to top Go down
Godfather

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 4:09 pm

Interesting post!

1. 2.5
2. 3.5
3. 2.5
4. 3.5
5. 3.5
6. 3.5

Just guessing, probably wrong on all of them. scratch
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:09 am

ARE YOU PEOPLE SCARED OR WHAT? I thought this would be fun to see what kind of different answers we would come up with but it seems everybody just wants to look and not throw there two cents in. Sad Well this is one time when I would actually like to hear someones two cents. lol! Ok now that Im done griping Mad I will throw up the pics tomorrow if nobody else wants to get in on this. Like I said in the first post, I dont know the true ages of these deer either, but I thought it would be cool to see what all you guys thought. NOW START GUESSING!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Some of those are tough to tell because you can't get a good length lenght to body ratio because of the angle or tall grass. I normally go by the belly/how long the legs look as the best way to age...
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 9:44 pm

littleslink wrote:

Some of those are tough to tell because you can't get a good length lenght to body ratio because of the angle or tall grass. I normally go by the belly/how long the legs look as the best way to age...
I agree some are tough but they are the best I have as far positioning. Ill put the pics up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 12:34 am

Its a trick question....

They are all the same deer...
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 8:25 am

hey buddy when do we get to see the real pics of them
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:19 pm

Dream Catcher wrote:
Its a trick question....

They are all the same deer...

hahaha not hardly!

Ill post em up later
Back to top Go down
RPatton86

PostSubject: AGE   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:28 pm

1.2 1/2
2.3 1/2
3.4 1/2
4.2 1/2
5.2 1/2
6.2 1/2
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:31 pm

I love how tall #3 is.... I think he is my favorite!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:19 pm

1-Shooter
2-Shooter
3-Shooter
4-Shooter
5-Shooter
6-Shooter
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:30 pm

TheRomer wrote:
1-Shooter
2-Shooter
3-Shooter
4-Shooter
5-Shooter
6-Shooter

All of them except possibly #1 and #3 are going to get atleast on more year. #4 (The Golden Child) is going to get atleast two more years because we think he is only 2.5 and that he has the ability to be an absolute STUD!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 8:50 am

TheRomer wrote:
1-Shooter
2-Shooter
3-Shooter
4-Shooter
5-Shooter
6-Shooter

Those are the best answers I have seen!
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:07 am

Corey wrote:
TheRomer wrote:
1-Shooter
2-Shooter
3-Shooter
4-Shooter
5-Shooter
6-Shooter

All of them except possibly #1 and #3 are going to get atleast on more year. #4 (The Golden Child) is going to get atleast two more years because we think he is only 2.5 and that he has the ability to be an absolute STUD!

#3 looks like 3.5 to me. Like Romer said SHOOTER!! Cool post Corey!!! We should do more like this. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:30 am

Cool post...
Back to top Go down
Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:45 am

I still think its all the same deer...
Back to top Go down
Green Valley Gobbler

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:05 am

Corey,
Great looking bucks and nice pics, thanks for sharing those! Personally I don't think any of them are under 3.5. I'd guess more like 3.5 to 4.5. Here in PA it is very difficult to age bucks just from looking at antlers/body structure-in the areas I hunt anyways. I have trail cam pics of bucks that are 6.5 to 8.5 years old and if I were to ask someone the bucks' age, they most likely would never guess that high. The only reason I know their age is from obtaining their sheds and trail cam photos over the years. Interestingly enough, some of them just don't grow "trophy caliber" racks either. Although this is just in the areas I hunt here in PA anyways. Were you able to get a look at any of these bucks this season?
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:57 am

Green Valley Gobbler wrote:
Corey,
Great looking bucks and nice pics, thanks for sharing those! Personally I don't think any of them are under 3.5. I'd guess more like 3.5 to 4.5. Here in PA it is very difficult to age bucks just from looking at antlers/body structure-in the areas I hunt anyways. I have trail cam pics of bucks that are 6.5 to 8.5 years old and if I were to ask someone the bucks' age, they most likely would never guess that high. The only reason I know their age is from obtaining their sheds and trail cam photos over the years. Interestingly enough, some of them just don't grow "trophy caliber" racks either. Although this is just in the areas I hunt here in PA anyways. Were you able to get a look at any of these bucks this season?

Hey man!
We have seen most of them this season already. We have a few really nice ones out there that we are trying to get on and let these guys go another year just to see what happens with em next year. This is really the first year my buddy has had trail cams out on his property so we arent super familiar with many of the bucks or their exact ages yet. I do know what you mean about the mature bucks that just dont have it in them to grow the "trophy" racks though. Here in AR where I have grown up hunting we have some very good deer in certain parts of the state but in others you just arent going to kill a buck with a monster rack no matter how old he is. That doesnt make them any easier to hunt or any less of a trophy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added   AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added Empty

Back to top Go down

AGE EM-UPDATED with new pics added
Page 1 of 1