Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

arrow grain question????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
botzitaliano

arrow grain question???? Empty
PostSubject: arrow grain question????   arrow grain question???? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:30 am

last season i purchased the hoyt alphamax 32 for that bow i have 400g beman ics bowhunter arrows. the arrows i had for my last bow were 340g beman ics hunter. can i use those on my hoyt? i know nothing about the reasonings behind using different grains for diff bows. i look forward to hearing your input. thanks.
-mike-
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: arrow grain question????   arrow grain question???? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 1:44 pm

If Dave reads this post he can help you out with this or go to the arrow guide for the arrow you are using it will tell you what grain you should be shooting for your poundage on your bow.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: arrow grain question????   arrow grain question???? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:55 pm

More than likely the 340 and the 400 are not the actual grains of the arrow, but rather the spine size. Since I don't know the specific model of arrow you are shooting I can't tell you the exact gpi's (grains per inch). My guess is the 400's will be around 1 grain per inch less than the 340's. The shorter arrows you shoot, the less stiffer spine you need. Someone shooting a 70 pound bow with a 30 inch arrow might need the 340 spine, while someone shooting the exact same poundage with only a 27.5 inch arrow will shoot a 400 spine arrow.

Your best bet is to go to Bemans web site and go to the "shaft selector" section and enter the info on your bow set up and it will tell you what size spine you should be using. I hope I was not to confusing and if you still have questions, PM your number and I will give you a call and make sure you are all straightened out. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: arrow grain question????   arrow grain question???? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:37 am

I would check out the brand of arrows website and figure out what spine you should be shooting. If you have the box the arrows come in it will be on the back of that as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: arrow grain question????   arrow grain question???? Empty

Back to top Go down

arrow grain question????
Page 1 of 1