Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Old Stick n String brings one down

Go down 
+8
The Guide
Joe
Robert
TheRomer
mathewsguy
shehuntsva
Dave
Hoosiernavy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Hoosiernavy

Hoosiernavy

Old Stick n String brings one down Empty
PostSubject: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:54 pm

Man I went up to Clinton County, Indiana to hunt with a long time friend which we do several times during a hunting season. Got in the tree around 4pm and the wind was blowing up in the 20mph range and gusting alot more, so at first thought I really didn't think I was going to see a squirral let alone a deer, at 6:55 on the tractor trail between the corn and the creek I see a B.Buck coming my way, got up and waited and here came the Doe right behind. She was walking under the branches to my right so I had to hold off to shoot her till she was at 8 yds and coming out from underneath the branch. Well she, for no apparent reason looked up, She went to full alert but I was already in shoot mood and I was waiting for her to turn and as she did, I drew and released, very quick dispatch of the animal just a 60 yd recovery. Field Dressed 117lbs
Shot with Ben Pearson 55lb Recurve (over 30years old) and Tapered Cedar shaft tipped with a 160gr VPA Terminator.
Tag# 021025

Old Stick n String brings one down 2085264280098920714S600x600Q85

Last edited by Hoosiernavy on Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Looks like a great deer! Congrats on taking one with your traditional equipment. That is something to be proud of!
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:24 pm

That's a big ol' doe, congrats!!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:45 pm

congrats man that is really cool.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:29 pm

THAT IS COOL, getting it done old style.
congrats
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:56 am

Congrats on a nice animal
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:32 am

Congrats on a great doe!
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Congrats on the doe.
Back to top Go down
bertman

bertman

PostSubject: Re: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:39 pm

nice big ole doe
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:12 pm

Good work, espcially with the recurve. Congrats man...
Back to top Go down
ddhgator

ddhgator

PostSubject: Re: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:32 am

Thats a BIG DOE, Congrats....
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Thats a goal of me and a buddy of mine, I hope to take one with my recurve in the next year or two. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Stick n String brings one down   Old Stick n String brings one down Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Stick n String brings one down
Page 1 of 1