Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

First bow buck!!

Go down 
+16
bonehunters
volway
Camoed Assassin
MOOSE
The Guide
Darius
Brandon
mathewsguy
oregonzach
Big Sexy
Robert
Joe
Jody
littleslink
Dave
Tall Tine
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:45 pm

OK, where do I start well on Friday we got a bunch of snow and rain mix and it was suppose to stop that night so I decided I was heading down to my land in the morning to. I was hoping the deer would be moving after all this rain and snow. I decided to leave the video camera in the because I didn't know how wet it was going to be in the tree and I was by myself. About ten to 8 here come a doe into the water hole and she was quartering away from my and I took the shot. As soon as I pulled the trigger I new or thought I made a horrible shot. I hit her way back but it went forward into her. She ran off about 50 yards and bedded down and I was feeling horrible about the bad shot so I was going to get out of the tree make sure I took care of her. I pulled out my quiver pulled the arrow from the bow hooked the quiver on the bow and grabbed the bow rope. I got the rope up and looked up and there he was! I about freaked out and threw the rope back down on the ground and knocked an arrow. There were 5 deer total a big 8 a little basket a spike and 2 doe. The buck started going the other way grunting so I grabbed my grunt tube and hit it. All the other deer went behind hind me and he decided to come that way to. He was about 30 yards and I got ready to draw and at about 20 he stopped and looked up at me as I was drawing back. I thought it was all over then, but he turned his head the other way brought the pin down on him and smoked him! Double lung shot ran about 50 yards and piled up. Talk about going from lowest of lows to highest of highs in about 5 minutes. If I would have had the video camera in the tree I would have never been able to shoot him, the camera arm and camera would have been right in the way. So I knew hit the buck good and was sure he was down I went to the doe and actually made a good shot it came out behind the left front shoulder, so that made me feel a lot better. And this was my first buck with the bow!! So I was texting and calling everybody and had to wait patiently for my dad and uncle to come help me. As I was coming up on the buck I saw his head up and oh boy I thought he was still alive. It turned out he had his head on a branch holding him. What a relief!! I am so happy that I finally scored! So here are a bunch of pictures.

First bow buck!! Picture003-3
First bow buck!! Picture001-1
First bow buck!! Buck5
First bow buck!! Buck1-1
First bow buck!! Buck2-1
First bow buck!! Buck3-1
First bow buck!! Buck4-1
First bow buck!! Picture017
First bow buck!! Picture021-2
First bow buck!! Buck6
First bow buck!! Doe1
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:52 pm

Wow! He is a brute. Great buck for your first bowkill. Nice job and thanks for sharing the pics and story. Congrats again!
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:57 pm

Nice buck. Congrats...
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:27 pm

How awesome is that?!!! He should easily go 130s as he has beam length and tine height. He is a brute of a buck. Way to go Jimmy, oh yeah my teammate!! Score
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 5:07 am

That is a great buck. Congrats!!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:58 am

What a great buck Jimmy. Congrats on a true trophy
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:47 am

Nice first buck, congrats!
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:44 am

Wow, what a great one! That is a serious buck for your first bow buck!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:11 pm

congrats on a really nice buck
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:18 pm

What a great one for your first!! congrats!
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Great buck. Congrats on a brute for your first buck with a bow.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:56 pm

What a nice first buck. Congrats to you!!!
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:02 pm

that's a STUD! Nice work man!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:27 pm

That sure is a nice first bow buck. Damn that thing is a nice 100th buck. Congrats man.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:42 am

Congrats on your first bow Buck
Back to top Go down
bonehunters

bonehunters

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:13 am

I'm excited for ya, bounce . BH
Back to top Go down
Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:34 am

Congrats man, nothing like the first one!!!
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:11 pm

congrats! That's a great buck at any number!
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:05 pm

nice buck....congrats
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 3:05 pm

Congrats on a great buck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First bow buck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First bow buck!!   First bow buck!! Empty

Back to top Go down

First bow buck!!
Page 1 of 1