Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

First Time Hunting

Go down 
+7
Mrs Volway
The Guide
shehuntsva
mathewsguy
Joe
Dave
Adam
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam

Adam

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:44 am

With last nights weather being in the low 60's up here in Northern, PA I decided to take My wife Kristy and our little man "Gunnar" out into the woods. We were set up in a ground blind overlooking a green field with a clover and alfalfa mix and some standing corn.

It was definately fun to say the least. Gunnar was a bullet! in and out of the blind, zipping up the windows and zipping them down, laughing and giggling with Momma, and the very best was him playing with all my calls. He does make a serious Grunt with those calls. He even played with the antlers. He seemed to enjoy it. He kept telling us to shoot a big buck!

Well at about 6:25, 2 doe came into the field and starting feeding. Immediatley Gunnar said " You gonna shoot? You gonna shoot Daddy!?" It was a thrill just to get some deer in front of us.

I didn't think it would work after all the commotion we were making but it was just a wonderful time in the blind and I would strongly reccommend it to anyone with a family.

Take a night out of your busy hunting schedule and take the family out to enjoy what you do. It was so nice to spend some time with them in the woods and away from everything else.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 8:22 am

That is awesome... I am glad you all got to share that as a family and that will be a memory the three of you can always look back on. Great job Adam.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 8:31 am

Thats what its all about. Congrats on a good evening out man.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:28 pm

I could not agree with you more on taking the kids hunting. I always make time every year to make sure and take all of my kids out atleast one time. They love being out there and the older kids like running the video camera.
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:07 pm

I agree, involve your kids as much as you can! We took our son Kelly out for the youth hunt this year and he had a ball. Rained the whole time and didn't see a deer, but we didn't mind. We have those little guys with us from shooting 3D all summer, down to skinning the deer in the fall. They love it! Glad you guys had a great time as well.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:18 pm

That is cool. I know I can not wait to get my son out in a few years and be able to take my daughter out a few years after that. I will never forget my dad taking me out and us shooting my first deer. That passion is what makes me go out to the woods every chance I get.
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:41 pm

We took Em to the Ky leases with us Sunday. She likes riding on the 4-wheeler. I took some pictures of the color; pictures of her in the creek and some pictures of her and her daddy (guess who wasn't in any pictures?). It was nice for the three of us to be together.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:42 pm

That is awesome Adam, sounds like a good time was had.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:59 pm

I love taking my youngin out with me. TG and I built that new blind and I hope to get him in it this year. It is a blast. Glad to hear you all had a good time.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:12 am

Thats great Adam,Sounds like you all had a great time.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:09 pm

I finally got to the computer with some pictures on it from our family hunt!

First Time Hunting 100_2257
First Time Hunting 100_2259
First Time Hunting 100_2303
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:25 am

Sounds like a great time. I saw him running in and out of the blind when I rode by the house on Sunday morning, and I guess he didn't get tired of it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Time Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Time Hunting   First Time Hunting Empty

Back to top Go down

First Time Hunting
Page 1 of 1