Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Trempealeau County (Wi) experience

Go down 
+8
mathewsguy
oregonzach
Dave
Glenn
Robert
volway
Mark
Jody
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jody

Jody

Trempealeau County (Wi) experience Empty
PostSubject: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:44 pm

Well Monday (11-2-09) afternoon I headed for Trempealeau County to meet up with my friend. We arrived rather late. After short scouting of both properties (5 acre & 10 acre) we decided to hit the 5 acre piece. It was a triangle woods with some swampy, low lying areas running through the middle (huge, I mean huge trail running through it). The woods bordered some pines to the west, had corn north of the pines and beans east of this corner. Well as we walked the low lying middle piece about 30 yards from the corner, I found an obscure trail and decided to shoot in. I went in about 15 yards angled towards the corner. My friend set up 30 yards down from me no kidding. I did not mind as I thought it may be cool. After I set my stand, camera arm and hung my bow I heard a scraping noise. It was like 4:30 or so. I turned around and here is a buck coming towards me less than 30 yards. I did not have my release on yet nor did I have an arrow nocked as we just set our stands. After completing these tasks, I got the camera on him but he saw movement and elected to walk around me and away from me. I grunted as he walked away but he did not care.
I frantically began cutting some branches to my left in case he walked a circle around me to wind me never realizing I hit my Rage 3 blade with a branch opening my broadhead. So as I sat for about 15 minutes, I had 5 deer come on the same trail right to me. 3 of them hung almost under my stand. All of a sudden I heard a grunt and he came right back to them in front of me and the camera about 15 yards. Just before I shot, I noticed one blade had deployed as I hit it. I had enough time to slowly position my blade back to the locked position (lucky). The rest is history as I put the smack down on a nice Trempealeau County buck! The video will be up on Midwest Whitetail this coming Sunday. What week I had and I could not be more happy. He isn't going to score high but he was aged at possibly 4.5 yrs old and dressed at 170lbs.
Trempealeau County (Wi) experience TrempCtyBuck11-2-09
The blur is the arrow.

Last edited by Jody on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 12:58 am

Congrats Jody.....will check it out

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:15 am

Congrats Jody
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:06 am

Congrats Jody. LOoks like a great buck and it just goes to show that any size woods can produce. Deer don't always need a huge tract
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

PostSubject: Re: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:32 am

Nice buck , congrates Jody, will watch the video when it's up.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:21 am

That is great! Can't wait to see the video!
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:45 am

Ha, love it! Can't wait to see the video, looks like a great deer!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 7:19 pm

congrats on another nice buck buddy
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:15 pm

Sweet, congrats man. Can't wait to see the footage.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:33 pm

Congrats on the buck. I will have to check out the footage.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:58 am

Congrats man.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 pm

Nice work Jody. Congrats...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trempealeau County (Wi) experience   Trempealeau County (Wi) experience Empty

Back to top Go down

Trempealeau County (Wi) experience
Page 1 of 1