Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Last couple days.

Go down 
+2
Dave
Joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

Last couple days. Empty
PostSubject: Last couple days.   Last couple days. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:52 am

Been wearing out all my sets for the last week. Hunting hard and not even leaving the stand some days. With the corn being up earlier in the week it was nearly impossible to see a deer until late late evening. But on Friday the farmer got in and cut the majority of the 4 fields out. So that evening I decided to bust out my Scarface decoy. Had him set up 20 yards in front of my set in part of the field that had been cut. At 345 I see a buck come out of the corn and heading to the woods. I grab my bow and grunted at him. He stops and sees Scarface and slowly walks up the the woodline and starts in my direction. At this point I am thinking this buck is a shooter. But when he got within 100 yards I knew I was not going to shoot this buck. I would say he was in the 120's with really nice tine length, but just not something I want taken off this farm. Well as he is making his way towards Scarface, the bucks eyes are just locked on to him. He stops and cleans out scrape and freshens it up, walks another 20 foot and makes a new scrape. Then he made a bee line towards Scarface. He laid his ears back and every hair on that dude was standing on end. He got face to face with Scarface and lowered his head. I thought to myself "Oh Lord I am gonna have to go pick up the pieces soon". But instead the buck jumped back real fast and looked at Scarface. He was wondering why Scarface hadn't jumped towards him to fight. Eventually the buck walked in the woods. I figured he had been whooped before and thats why Scarface was so lucky to be standing. About 15 minutes before dark my thoughts were confirmed. After 4 more deer came to investigate on the "vistor", a really nice buck was making hisway through the thicket. He never came out but it was clear enough for me to see his was a shooter. He just did not allow for me to get a shot.

After Friday the temps rose and the deer sightings sank. Darius made the trip up to hunt for a week and we were hoping to get on some deer. The sign is ridiculous but just can't seem to seal the deal. I had a little action on Saturday evening and Sunday morning but nothing really worth mentioning. Back at it on Wed.

Last edited by Joe on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Last couple days. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last couple days.   Last couple days. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Thanks for the update and I enjoyed the decoy story... The high temps are killing me as well. Hopefully you will connect on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Last couple days. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last couple days.   Last couple days. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Thats awesome. Hang in there you will get another crack at the big one. I would love to try a decoy, maybe one day.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Last couple days. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last couple days.   Last couple days. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:43 pm

That is so cool Joe. see the decoys do work Very Happy to bad it wasnt the big one,maybe next time
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Last couple days. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last couple days.   Last couple days. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Sounds like they are getting aggressive. Things should be heating up soon. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Last couple days. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last couple days.   Last couple days. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:03 pm

Good Luck Joe

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Last couple days. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last couple days.   Last couple days. Empty

Back to top Go down

Last couple days.
Page 1 of 1