Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!

Go down 
+13
Mrs Volway
volway
Mark
Robert
Darius
LawCoBowhunter
shehuntsva
oregonzach
TheRomer
The Guide
mathewsguy
Dave
Joe
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Woke up this morning not knowing where Autumn and I were gonna hunt this morning. At 5 am I asked Autumn where she thought we would get on deer. She said to her favorite stand on a small farm that has an absolute thicket in the middle of it. Fast forward an hour and we are on stand with my new TC Omega I have named Black Betty. Morning started out pretty darn slow. Had the neighbors slinging lead almost every 20 minutes. About 930 the shooting matched the deer sightings... NONE! Even though we had not seen anything I just felt good about everything. The weather was super cloudy, the wind was minimal, and it was kinda cool. At 1030 Autumn and I hear something behind us. At first we thought it was a squirrel but after a while I could tell it was something else. Finally the culprit of the noise showed itself. A really nice doe making its way towards are stand. I tell Autumn to grab Black Betty. As Autumn gets Black Betty off the EZ Hanger the doe was 30 yards from us and has no idea we are there. Autumn starts to hand me the gun, but I asked her if she wanted to shoot it. She obviously said yeah so she pulls up to get the doe in the scope. As she is getting on her I whisper to her "Just take your time you will be fine, just make sure you stop..." BOOM!!!!!!! I look over towards the doe and the load Black Betty spit out at her hit her so hard she was stumbling backwards. Went 5 feet and dropped. Autumn had just laid the smack down on her first deer. And I mean HAMMERED the slick head. As soon as it hit the ground I got so pumped up it wasn't funny. I have worked for over a year to get her first big game kill and it came together today. I looked over at Autumn and she was smiling ear to ear. She looked at me and said "Oh my gosh, I just killed my first deer. I can't believe it." We celebrated in the stand and just relived the moment. Got down took some pics and she experienced her first deer gutting. She actually did a lot better than I thought. She was not scared of it at all. To say the least we are both super pumped!!!!! This right here is the best thing for me besides killing a big buck. I am so happy for her.

Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! PB150294
Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! PB150302
Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! PB150301
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:16 pm

That is a really nice doe! Congrats Autumn! I am glad you two got to have that expeience together. cheers
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:48 am

Very cool story Joe congrats Autumn on your first deer.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:52 am

Awesome story and congrats to Autumn on her first deer.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 10:42 am

Way to go Autumn cheers That is a great looking doe, send her a Big Congrats for me Joe
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:36 pm

Congrats Autumn, that looks like an old doe to, love thinning them out!
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Congrats on the big ol' doe!!
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Man!That's awesome,Congrats to her on the big old doe!
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Great job Autumn. Thats a huge doe. Congrats. I know you were pumped Joe
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:00 pm

congrats to you two. Nice looking doe
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 10:14 pm

Congrats Autumn.....Way to go

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:10 am

Good story Joe,Congrats Autumn
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:27 pm

YEA - way to go Autumn!
Back to top Go down
bonehunters

bonehunters

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 am

cheers That we be a everlasting memory. BH
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:02 am

Autumn wanted me to tell all of you thanks for the kind words. She is still on cloud 9 about it as she should be.
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:25 pm

That a girl autumn! Congrats to you! I know Joe is proud!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:54 pm

Good deal. Congrats to Autumn.
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:42 am

Way to go that's a great story. Congrats Autumn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!   Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Betty has been broken in courtesy of Autumn!!!!
Page 1 of 1