Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Black Betty lays another down

Go down 
+6
mathewsguy
TheRomer
Dave
oregonzach
The Guide
Joe
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

Black Betty lays another down Empty
PostSubject: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:09 pm

Woke up to a very cold morning on Saturday. Heavy heavy frost with the temperature below 20 degrees.I hunted the day before but for some reason (which I am begining to find out why) my main farm is not producing like I thought. So as I was driving towards town I decided to shake things up and go to another farm I can hunt. Autumn had laid one down earlier on this farm and we saw a lot of movement their during the rut so I was going to give it another shot. Since Black Betty was making the trip I wanted to set up in an area where I had a lot of viewing ground. I went straight to a hill side where I knew deer liked to travel. At 6am I was set up well before first light. As it started to get light enough to see, I could see that the entire thicket I was over-looking was white with frost. It was almost snow like. The first hour was un-eventful. That was until 8:45. I heard something toward my left but it was so thick I couldn't see anything. I then see a flash of the inside of a deers leg. I pull my hands away from my nice and warm hand warmers and pick up Black Betty. Shortly there after 2 does come into a clearing in the thicket about 60 yards from me. I pulled up my ML and found the biggest one in my scope. About that time she got in behind some more thick stuff. I thought to myself well thats fine, the smaller one will be better eating any how. So I tried to find her in the scope but she was hot on the heals of the bigger doe. They stayed behind thick stuff for a couple seconds and worked their way back out, with the biggest one leading the way. As she got into the opening I pulled the hammer back. It was so quite out she could hear it and stopped to look in my direction. As I stared at her through my scope I could see her breath hitting the cold air. I put the cross hairs right behind the shoulder and squeezed. As the smoked cleared I saw the doe disappear in the thick stuff. At first I thought I may have missed her but after giving her time I went down to check where she was standing. There waiting on me was a lot of frozen blood on the weeds and branches. I could not have asked for a better blood trail. 20 yards into the most God awful thicket my big bodied doe lay on her side. I called some friends and family to let them know and then began the drag, which was not fun. I could not have been happier. The shot was almost perfect. Hit her in the shoulder and took out both lungs. Black Betty has laid claim to another.

This is the only picture I have on the computer right now but once I load the others up I will be sure to post them for you all.

Black Betty lays another down 1212090911

Last edited by Joe on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Congrats Joe on a nice big old doe. Did you figure out why your main farm was not producing?
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Yeah, thats a very fat doe! So what is the deal with the main farm?
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:01 pm

oregonzach wrote:
So what is the deal with the main farm?

Long story... I will post about it later.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:15 pm

Very nice story.... Thanks for sharing it and the pic. Very nice job and congrats!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:04 am

Way to go Joe cheers
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:28 pm

congrats
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:01 pm

Appreciate it folks.

After I got her out of the thicket I got her taken care of and ready to butcher. Went back and hunted the rest of the day then got her butchered and in the freezer. Got love it.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Congrats on the doe
Back to top Go down
JackHammer

JackHammer

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Nice work. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:23 pm

A few other pics...

Black Betty lays another down DSC00041
Black Betty lays another down DSC00043
Black Betty lays another down DSC00049
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:10 am

Atta boy. Looks like she still has all her hair lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 am

Haha yep.....didn't have to drag her in the conditions we drug yours out.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:16 am

Real Big Bodied.
Back to top Go down
jasonc

jasonc

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:41 pm

Thats will be some good eating! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Betty lays another down   Black Betty lays another down Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Betty lays another down
Page 1 of 1