Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?

Go down 
+4
The Guide
Joe
Camoed Assassin
Dave
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it? Empty
PostSubject: Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?   Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:19 pm

At this srtage of the game, how many are starting to regret passing on a buck earlier in the year?
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?   Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Passed a few and no not really regreting it. I got pretty used to not shooting a buck every year when I decided to hunt only mature deer. Last year was the first time I took a buck in Md in a 4 or 5 years. Just think about what they are going to look like next year.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?   Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:12 am

Passed on quite a few bucks so far this season. The one that sticks out is the buck I passed up that came to my decoy. I don't regret it at all becuase I know it was not what I was truely looking for.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?   Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:18 pm

yeah no regrets on my end either. It has been an off year for me so not alot of encounters with tempting bucks. So it has been kind of easy but disapointing if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?   Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 7:27 pm

I passed on several small bucks in IN and a couple border line. I don't regret it thought cause I want the big boys. Had some close encounters I wish I would have done a little dif though.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?   Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:07 am

"PASSED" heck id just like to see one i dont care if he is 500 yrds away id just like to see a good buck Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?   Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 9:25 am

TheRomer wrote:
"PASSED" heck id just like to see one i dont care if he is 500 yrds away id just like to see a good buck Crying or Very sad

I finally saw a good one from the stand this weekend. Your time will come. Keep your chin up little buddy.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?   Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 9:47 am

I do agree with Romer. Big buck sightings have been down on my end. I have seen one shooter so far this year along with a lot of smaller bucks. More corn has fell this past week so maybe that will change things.
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?   Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:41 am

Funny thing, I just posted a reply to my team about this very subject. As with everyone else, I have passed many small bucks, but this year I passed one I regret. I have footage of several LARGE DEER and have been holding out for one of them. I passed a very good deer. I would put him in the 150ish range. I have put down several 140-150 deer and told my self I was going to hold out for MR BIG. I am hating it now. A wise man once told me--- Do not past today what you would not pass on your last day of hunting. Well I did and it is a mistake I will not do again... I think Neutral
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?   Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:44 am

I've let some young ones walk but none that make me wish I'd taken the shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?   Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you passed up a good buck this year & regretted it?
Page 1 of 1