Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Thanksgiving Buck!

Go down 
+6
Dave
Haley
Camoed Assassin
Robert
TheRomer
Corey
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey

Corey

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 3:20 pm

Well as alot of you know I have recently been on a 3 week hunting trip and came home empty handed. Not because I didnt have the opportunity to take plenty of deer but because when we go up to OH and IL we have certain goals that we want to try to make. We had some run-ins with some REALLY GOOD ones but couldnt close the deal with the bow. After all that a couple days later on Thanksgiving afternoon me and my buddy Tim went out and we literally werent in the stand for 10 minutes and a nice 8 point came out with 2 doe and I thumped him. He was a buck that we were familiar with and were going to give another year to see what he would turn in to next year, but we had him on film and everything worked out so Tim told me to take him. I think he felt bad for me cause I have been hunting my butt off with not much luck. I shot the buck at less than 25 yards but I hit him quite abit high for some reason. I wont make any excuses bout my peep being turned or the sun right in my eyes though. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes But thanks to my Rage broadhead the buck was down for the count in 60 yards. It opened up a HUGE hole with a great blood trail and the buck was done. On the video you can actually see the shot and all the blood pouring out as soon as the broadhead goes through.
Needless to say that after all the hunting I have been doing I am happy to take a nice buck. He wasnt the first deer on my list to take early in the year but on Thanksgiving he was definitely a buck that I was/am proud to call mine. I know that this story isnt much good without pictures so I will be getting them up as soon as I get them emailed to me.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 3:41 pm

Congrats Buddy, cant wait to see the pics and vid
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:05 pm

COngrats buddy. Lets see some pics
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Congrats Corey
Back to top Go down
Haley

Haley

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:54 pm

That is something to be thankful for! Congratulations he is a nice one and I am glad that you guys were able to get it on video!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 11:08 pm

Way to go man! I am glad all your hard work payed off. Can't wait to see the pics!
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:34 am

Thanks guys!!! Ill probably get pics up tomorrow.

Haley wrote:
That is something to be thankful for! Congratulations he is a nice one and I am glad that you guys were able to get it on video!

Thanks girl! The pic I sent you wasnt anywhere near as good a deer as the pic you sent me. You need to throw some of your pics of your deer up. It will make these guys on here jealous! HA
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:25 am

Congrats buudy.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:47 am

Corey wrote:

Haley wrote:

Thanks girl! The pic I sent you wasnt anywhere near as good a deer as the pic you sent me. You need to throw some of your pics of your deer up. It will make these guys on here jealous! HA

Lets see your deer Haley.... Don't be holding out on us!
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:56 pm

Congrats on the buck. Can't wait to see some pics.
Back to top Go down
Haley

Haley

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Dave wrote:
Corey wrote:

Haley wrote:

Lets see your deer Haley.... Don't be holding out on us!

Well...I didn't take many pictures of the last one I took, but I will try to get some pictures up here of past deer for ya'll. They aren't that big, but to Corey they are Razz
I am going hunting this coming weekend so I hope that I will get a nice one!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:26 pm

congrats on the buck Cory
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:03 am

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thanksgiving Buck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Buck!   Thanksgiving Buck! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Buck!
Page 1 of 1