Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

My 2009 Season (on my property)

Go down 
+5
Camoed Assassin
Dave
Joe
mathewsguy
TheRomer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRomer

My 2009 Season (on my property) Empty
PostSubject: My 2009 Season (on my property)   My 2009 Season (on my property) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:28 am

Well the only good thing i can say about this years season is. we did have a couple youths get there first deer.

The rest of the season has been the worst year for deer sightings in all of the 12 years that i have hunted this place. the deer just was not there. it started out with the cows comeing in and i think that really put the hurting on the deer travel.

The season started out pretty good seen alot of deer comeing out in the standing beens. but never seen that first shooter buck(all season) Crying or Very sad.
after the beens where cut the deer just seemed to disappear. for what reason? I dont know.

We had alot of reports and seen it ourselfs of alot of spot lighting going on, tresspasser and poaching. I think this has alot to do with the deer sighting being so low (put them in a nocternal stage threw the hole season.

To top it all off we even cought a poacher and turned him in. come to find out that it was the guy who cuts the landowners lawn and runs them around when ever they need to go somewhere.
They know this guy poaches and they let him do it. but they have always told me if i see someone to call the law on them. so i did.
But now they are pissed at me for getting there buddy in trouble and now I can no longer take my buddies with me over there. But we will see about that Twisted Evil .

It just ticks me off that they want to punish me for turning in a low life that goes out and shoots a really nice buck at dark in our field( this was the night before ML season started) and goes onto private property(airport) where it ran to before it died and drags it back across our field the next morning with no orange on. and the landowners are so happy he gets himself a deer Mad .

It has been about 10 years or more since i have went buckless.
I sure hope next season is alot better.

Sorry I couldnt give you all some good stories about our hunts this year. just wasnt any to give.

Bring on 2010 Season
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: My 2009 Season (on my property)   My 2009 Season (on my property) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:26 am

Its good the kids got to do some hunting this year. Its was a tuff season this year
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: My 2009 Season (on my property)   My 2009 Season (on my property) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:40 am

Thats really good news that some youths got the chance to take a whitetail. That is something I am sure they will never forget. But I am sorry to hear about all the illegal activity you put up with this season. I will never understand that....

Last edited by Joe on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: My 2009 Season (on my property)   My 2009 Season (on my property) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:13 am

Sorry about the rough season Mike. At least you stuck to your morals and did the right thing when it came to the poaching... that alone is something to take pride in. Gotta be excited about putting the youth on deer and your doe kills too. Hopefully next year you can take a nice buck and it will be all the more sweeter.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: My 2009 Season (on my property)   My 2009 Season (on my property) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:55 pm

That's cool the youngins got some, but sucks you didn't connect and had to deal with all that trash going on. Better luck with the longbeards this spring. You're not alone on the buckless season.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: My 2009 Season (on my property)   My 2009 Season (on my property) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:06 pm

That's awesome that the youngsters were able to take a deer. That's after all what it's all about. cheers
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: My 2009 Season (on my property)   My 2009 Season (on my property) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Congrats to all the youth havesting deer there with you this year. It is always special to watch a youngster harvest there first or any deer as far as that goes. It is a shame that you have to put up with poachers and all of the spot lighting. I agree with Joe it is something that I will never understand. But what can you do, you did the right thing even if they are mad at you. Good luck during turkey season.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: My 2009 Season (on my property)   My 2009 Season (on my property) EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:13 pm

Well hopefully you giving them this year off Wink will make the hunting even better next year. It was a slow year all over though. Hopefully between the deer getting used to the cows and knocking out a few more poachers next year will be wayyyyyy better!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: My 2009 Season (on my property)   My 2009 Season (on my property) EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:12 pm

Well, Good Luck next seas. bud.
Back to top Go down
countryboy

countryboy

PostSubject: Re: My 2009 Season (on my property)   My 2009 Season (on my property) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Thats no good that ya had poachers and sounds like alot of spotlightin pressure from alot of people. I am hearin that everyone had a slow year aswell. Not to brag or anything but since Oct. 4 to The last day of rifle in the second week of Dec. I saw 81 deer. Have only seen 2 this second season. Saw some nice buck and some little buck. A pile of doe!!! But didnt have a hole lot that were actually close enough to shoot!! But hey, at least ya got to see the youth shoot some and just actually get a chance to be able to see somthin. Thats what it is all about gettin the yout in to the outdoors and carryin on the tradition that our fathers have passed down to us. Good luck to ya next year though!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 2009 Season (on my property)   My 2009 Season (on my property) Empty

Back to top Go down

My 2009 Season (on my property)
Page 1 of 1