Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm

Go down 
+2
Camoed Assassin
OutdoorEaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OutdoorEaly

OutdoorEaly

Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm Empty
PostSubject: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:31 pm

I have had my kids shooting for a few years now but am looking to get them more involved in some 3D and target shooting. However I was never trained and want to instill the right methods in them to ensure their success. Does anyone know of a program with information on how to start out new shooters?

My daughter is a lefty with right eye dominance and my son is right handed with left eye dominance.

I guess also I am hoping that in working with them I may actually become a better shooter.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:46 pm

I dont know of anything, but hands on has always been my best teacher
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:51 pm

You might try a bow hunter education course, if your state has one . Most all do,i believe. And as CA said Hand's on. Or mabey find a coach, to teach them the basics. Hope this help's Good Luck with what ever you deciede.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:56 pm

Alot of state offer free archery stuff for kids. I also agree I think hands on with letting them learn from there own mistakes and correcting them on them. One thing to keep in mind they are kids and you can burn them out with to much info. I have had alot of time shooting with my kids. My son is going to be 12 this year and he has been shooting since he was 4. And my girls are all shooting now as well. I think watching you shoot is a good teacher also.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Just let'em get out there and sling some arrows. They will find their form thats comfortable for them and they'll get it.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Yes sir CA.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:01 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
Just let'em get out there and sling some arrows. They will find their form thats comfortable for them and they'll get it.

Yep thats how i would do it
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Just make sure to keep it fun and it will keep their interest in it.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:12 pm

I can't wait to get my lil one's new bow in so he can go sling some. Ordered it a couple weeks ago so it should be in this week.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:18 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
I can't wait to get my lil one's new bow in so he can go sling some. Ordered it a couple weeks ago so it should be in this week.

make sure you post some pics of him shooting it
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:22 pm

For Sure. For Sure.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Yeah most states offer a saftey class but I agree with every one else and that is just to get out there and keep them shooting. I am trying to get the wifey started this year and that is what I am going to try and have her do. Its all about practice and patience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm   Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm Empty

Back to top Go down

Teaching kids to shoot...Archery and Firearm
Page 1 of 1