Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP Empty
PostSubject: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP Focus-Grip-Logo

Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP Griplogo

Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP Focusdiagrahm

The new Focus Grip helps minimize hand torque in the event of poor hand placement by keeping pressure concentrated in the center of the grip, unlike typical flat top grips that move pressure to the outside edge which increases hand torque.
Back to top Go down
cropdustersteve

cropdustersteve

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Wonder how much they cost.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:03 am

cropdustersteve wrote:
Wonder how much they cost.

I will find out for you...
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:19 am

$49.99-59.99 is what most Pro-Shops are selling them for.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:02 am

Do they have it in a wood grip,
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:51 am

30pointbuck wrote:
Do they have it in a wood grip,

Not at this time... I really like the feel of the grip though. It feels a lot better in your hand than wood or any other material for that matter.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:49 pm

I've seen one, but haven't had the chance to feel one. I have really never thought that the stock grip was a prob. but thats just me. I personally know alot of guys that have a prob with the stock grip, and went with a Torqueless grip.
Back to top Go down
cropdustersteve

cropdustersteve

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:00 pm

I like the stock grips on the Z7 and the Passion, and I've never had a problem with any of the ones in the past either. Never cared too much for a thin grip. Would like to try one of these out though.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:02 pm

Ya, same here.
Back to top Go down
Cornfed

Cornfed

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:55 pm

They have been very difficult to get in my area. My Dealer has had a bunch on order for several weeks and still no delivery.

There have been several serious shooters complain about the fact that the rubber feels somewhat tacky in the hand and that it grabs the hand and actually causes torque issues ?!? It would seem like it's a great design but possibly needs to be offered in a harder, more slick material in the fututre ?!? I guess time will tell
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:43 pm

I have one on my Z7 but am just getting things set up and have not had it in my hands to shoot enough to make a judgement on it. Just holding the bow I do like how it feels and I like the size of the grip but it's what it feels like while shooting that calls the shot so we'll see how it goes

I am in the same boat. Diffinately think I am going to like it while shooting though.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Let us know how you like it Robert.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:31 pm

Here is my focus grip:

Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP 012-2
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:32 pm

Looks awesome Dave. How does it feel in the hand ? Been lookin at mabey getting one for my switchback xt.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:04 pm

Feels great.... It is a smoother feel and just feels right.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:12 pm

Ya, they look great. May just have to break down and invest in one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP   Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking a closer look at the NEW FOCUS GRIP
Page 1 of 1