Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Last Hunt

Go down 
+3
TheRomer
Dave
TRR
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TRR

Last Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Last Hunt   Last Hunt EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:02 pm

If for what ever reason you only had 1 more hunt you were able to go on. What would the details of it be? Where, When, Weapon, and with who?

You may surprise yourself with your answers. Mine didnt match up with my normal hunting routine. Things that normally seem important arent even a factor.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Last Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Hunt   Last Hunt EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Good question for sure.... Gonna need some time to think about that one.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Last Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Hunt   Last Hunt EmptyFri May 07, 2010 5:38 pm

I would have to go back to the ways I learned how to hunt, And do one last Rabbit Hunt with my father and our beagle(old timer) with shot gun in hand. we would hunt on the land just behind the house I grew up in. tons of rabbits there.

Even tho I dont hunt Rabbits anymore my answer did not suprise me at all
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Last Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Hunt   Last Hunt EmptyFri May 07, 2010 7:33 pm

Easy for me too. A deer hunt in Park County Indiana with my dad. It would be the rut and we'd be using bows. Oh and sleeping at my cousins in their garage like we did when I was a teenager
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Last Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Hunt   Last Hunt EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:39 pm

A Moose hunt in Alaska with my dad, and with the bow. Roughing it like we did when we hunted together when i was a kid.
Back to top Go down
TRR

Last Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Hunt   Last Hunt EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:41 am

Some great post above. Certainly something about running out of time that helps a person put in perspective whats really important to you.

Probably like most of you I take my whitetail hunting very serious. So serious it has taken me out of my element often. I find myself at times spinning, twisting and bending deer hunting in so many different directions in an attempt to be successful.

For more than 15 years I have got into my pickup and driven 4 1/2 hours to an area in middle Tn that is known for big bucks. Fairly level ground, agriculture and big timber. Last year made that drive 15 times. Don't get me wrong I do love hunting this place obviously and its some beautiful country but, the big buck potential in a way sometimes makes me go a little crazy and lose sight of what it really is that I truly love about hunting.

If it were my last hunt I would choose to stay here in east Tn more specifically up here on the mountain a deep hardwood hollow surrounded by 100s of acres of pines that I found 25 years ago called Stinging Fork. Something about that spot, maybe the pines are like a wall that kept the outside world out. No engine noises, no car horns, and most of all no cell signal. Id take a lunch in from a mom and pop store just down the road. I'm thinking Id have them cut a thick slice of bologna and tomato a couple onion circles and some mayo on white bread with a moon-pie for dessert! My old marlin 30-30 would be slung across the right shoulder of my son. We would hunt from daylight til dark all the time enjoying ALL that nature had to offer. The whistle of a cool breeze through the pines, the creek winding its way through the mountain rock and laurel the covers the bottom of that hollow, a chipmunk rustling in the leaves and killing a deer would at most be an afterthought.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Last Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Hunt   Last Hunt EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:03 pm

TRR wrote:
Some great post above. Certainly something about running out of time that helps a person put in perspective whats really important to you.

Probably like most of you I take my whitetail hunting very serious. So serious it has taken me out of my element often. I find myself at times spinning, twisting and bending deer hunting in so many different directions in an attempt to be successful.

For more than 15 years I have got into my pickup and driven 4 1/2 hours to an area in middle Tn that is known for big bucks. Fairly level ground, agriculture and big timber. Last year made that drive 15 times. Don't get me wrong I do love hunting this place obviously and its some beautiful country but, the big buck potential in a way sometimes makes me go a little crazy and lose sight of what it really is that I truly love about hunting.

If it were my last hunt I would choose to stay here in east Tn more specifically up here on the mountain a deep hardwood hollow surrounded by 100s of acres of pines that I found 25 years ago called Stinging Fork. Something about that spot, maybe the pines are like a wall that kept the outside world out. No engine noises, no car horns, and most of all no cell signal. Id take a lunch in from a mom and pop store just down the road. I'm thinking Id have them cut a thick slice of bologna and tomato a couple onion circles and some mayo on white bread with a moon-pie for dessert! My old marlin 30-30 would be slung across the right shoulder of my son. We would hunt from daylight til dark all the time enjoying ALL that nature had to offer. The whistle of a cool breeze through the pines, the creek winding its way through the mountain rock and laurel the covers the bottom of that hollow, a chipmunk rustling in the leaves and killing a deer would at most be an afterthought.

Great write up, TRR. Thanks for taking us all along on your adenture.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Last Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Hunt   Last Hunt EmptySat May 08, 2010 4:18 pm

For sure.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Last Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Hunt   Last Hunt EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:31 pm

great post
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Last Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Hunt   Last Hunt EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:11 pm

I would say In my favorite stand on our farm with my dad just like when I killed my first deer but this time with a bow and CA would have to be there to run the camera.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Last Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Hunt   Last Hunt Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Hunt
Page 1 of 1