Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Get in shape.......(Update)

Go down 
+7
The Guide
Camoed Assassin
30pointbuck
Snivs
Robert
Dave
Mark
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark

Mark

Get in shape.......(Update) Empty
PostSubject: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:30 pm

I have a challenge for anyone who needs to shed a few or a lot of pounds!!!!

Most places we have less than 4 month til deer season opens, so this year I decided to get into better shape, plus I'm 45 now, needed to do it for my future health.

So the challenge is to lose some weight and get in better shape!!!!

I started May 4 and #236 I'm 6' 0"

Now today I'm down to 209 thats 27 pounds!!!! thats like 2 bowling balls!!! man thats hard to believe I was hauling around that much extra weight.

my goal is to get to #185....... or somewhere in that area. The wife and I started this together, so it makes it easier and also challenge and motivate each other

So nows the time to get it done!!!!

who's up for the challenge???

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm

Last edited by Mark on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:14 pm

That's awesome Mark. I know you have been working hard. I am up for losing a few myself.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:34 pm

I need to drop 60 pounds to be in my target but I'd be happy to make it 40 by deer season so I'm in. YOu gonna lead this charge? Got the treadmill all ready to go and tomorrow is day one
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Great job Mark. I am sure you can feel the difference in you activities. No pounds need to be shed here. I feel I need to gain a few, but I am up for staying fit.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:57 pm

I've been dieting for 2 1/2 months started at 290 now im 270. I as well need to think about my future health. At 49, i really need it, great post Mark. Awesome challenge. Good luck with your weight loss.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:18 am

I'm up for losing a few pounds and I have just started so I will see where I get. Snivs you sure could gain a few pounds.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:00 am

I'd be fine giving snivus a few of my pounds Very Happy

How many you want
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Yeah sorry Mark I am with Snivs on this one. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction so keep up the good work and good luck to everyone else you takes the challange.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:26 am

So has anyone taken on the challenge???

Today I broke the #200 pounds.......I'm now 199!!!!! I haven't been there since like 1996???? probably

I'm doing sit up's and push up's, pull-up's........... man it feels great

whether it's playing outside with the kids, playing softball, or shooting my bow ..... I feel great

I'm gonna hang some stands pretty soon........so I'm sure climbing trees will be a whole lot easier come this fall!!!!

you know where only a little over 3 months before the start of deer season in most places!!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:48 pm

Way to go Mark. Stay on it.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Congrats Mark thats awesome. I haven't jumped on the scales to see where I'm at yet. A little scared I went on vacation and didn't do to much more than eat. Laughing
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Im now at 260 since the first time mark posted this.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Watch out fellas, just went on a nice run/jog with the family. My son and I ran/jogged for about a mile. We would run about 100 yards then walk back to the girls then run back another 100 yards. The total distance if we wouldn't have walked back each time was a little over a mile so not quite sure how far with the walking it was, but it feels pretty good. We are going to do this atleast 3 times a week so I should be down to fighting weight befor to long Laughing Did the push up thing to. Little man smoked me. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:41 am

Mark, I am with ya all the way cheers But I don't really have to loose more lbs, now its about having a better life like you were getting at and using the fall is a great way to keep the motovation to work out I use that daily!
Back to top Go down
JackHammer

JackHammer

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:44 am

Since Jan. 1st I have lost about 40 lbs, have about another 20 or so to loose. For the last month I have not worked at it all, and have maintained what I have lost. For all of us that have a challege of weight loss congrats on the success, keep at it, and for the guys that have a racing motab. you guys suck..LOL just kidden mine is as slow as a DEAD SLUG. Good LUCK
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:48 am

Way to go Jack.... quite impressive. I know you've worked hard. I'm gonna have a hard time keeping up with you in the fall.
Back to top Go down
JackHammer

JackHammer

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:53 am

We will see bounce Thanks for the encouragement!!
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 4:04 pm

OK guys I challenged those who needed to lose a few pounds to get on board with me and lose some weight....... SO where we at???

I am now proud to say I'm done to 186 from 236!!! 50 pounds!!!!

plus I've been doing the push up challenge also!!!!

and this week here I started going to the gym and working out!!!

there's only about 1 1/2 months til deer season in most places, so it's still not too late to lose a few!!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:57 pm

Been cutting out the bast stuff and walking. Just added a weight vest to the plan this week. ONly 8 pounds in it right now but I can add up to 20 once I get to where I can handle more.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Just found out im type 2 diabetic. Its in the early stage. Dr said if i loose the weight i will not have to take meds. So i started out at 291 and today im at 265 and still loosing. I work out daily. and feel better than i've ever felt.
Back to top Go down
talon1961

talon1961

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:19 pm

I weighed 288# on April 14th. Today I weigh 232#, thats a loss of 56#. I'm 6'2 and Dr's goal is 210 #. I walked for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evenings in addition to my 1200 cal/day diet. Last night I ran a mile and walked 3 more. My goal is to be able to run 3-5 mies by Christmas. I feel better than I have in years! I can't wait until OCT 1, bowseason opener!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:07 pm

That is awesome to all you guys that have lost wieght GOOD JOB cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get in shape.......(Update)   Get in shape.......(Update) Empty

Back to top Go down

Get in shape.......(Update)
Page 1 of 1