Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0

Go down 
+8
Mrs Volway
Tall Tine
Dave
Robert
Glenn
TheRomer
Joe
Darius
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Darius

Darius

Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 Empty
PostSubject: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:29 pm

As Joe said earlier I put the smack down on my first ever bird and took it with a bow. I really wasn't even hunting, I just brought my bow along cause I knew I would see some if I didn't. Me and my wife were just scouting around some and sure enough I spotted one pokin along in a field. I told my wife to hang out for a bit while I put the stalk on him. I saw him around a 100 yards out and I went about half and waited and he happened to mosey on by me about 25 yards out where I launched my arrow. I had to call Joe to find out what to do cause I have never even been hunting for em. Thanks Joe for all the help and I have to thank my wife for finding it cause it was well hid after the fact.
Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 DSC00928
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:36 pm

That is so awesome man!! Taking a bird with a bow is a lot harder than most people think and it being your first bird is really cool. Congrats on your first of many!!!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:50 pm

Very Nice, great looking Bird, congrats
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

PostSubject: Re: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:51 pm

Very nice for your first bird and with a bow at that, Congrates
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 7:06 am

Congrats on getting a bird. Stalking a turkey may be one of the hardest things you can do in the woods. A big congrats
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 8:18 am

Awesome job!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:40 am

That is very cool! Great job! I got my first turkey that way also. The Toms would not leave the hens so I got in front of them and they came buy at 15 yards.
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

PostSubject: Re: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:50 am

Thats cool ... I'd love to do that! I love to go sit in the woods and watch and listen. I've learned (the hard way) to take my weapon ... you just never know!
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:52 am

That's what I like to hear Darius!!!! Nice work buddy!
Back to top Go down
Big Sexy

Big Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Great job! Not only is a bird with a bow a good deal, but you did it rambo style at that! You should be proud of your acccomlishment on your first turk. Do not get discuraged if your second bird does not come that easy.
Proud of you my freind!
Big Sexy
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Thats awesome congrats on your longbeard
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:32 pm

congrats on the fine bow bird!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0   Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoorah Darius 1 Turkey 0
Page 1 of 1