Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Hanging in there

Go down 
+4
mathewsguy
TheRomer
30pointbuck
wacker
8 posters
AuthorMessage
wacker

wacker

Hanging in there Empty
PostSubject: Hanging in there   Hanging in there EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:53 pm

I read DR's post and it got me thinking about a hunt of mine back in 2006. I'll start on the Friday evening hunt. I was set up in one of my favorite creek botton stands when I hear this quad buzzing down the road. Then to my suprise it drives right down and past me. Turns out one of the neighbors shot a buck and since nobody was at the house he drove down to retrieve it. I was a little frustrated as it ruined my evening hunt.

The next day I decided to hunt on the far edge of our farm in a funnel. That Saturday was also the first day of the PA early muzzleloader doe only season. I'm up in my tree for about an hour then I see the neighbor kid walking down the other side on a stone wall ~20 yards from me (wall is the property line). He was bowhunting and ended up settling in on the ground about 40 yards away. At first I tried to get his attention but it was a windy day and his scent wasn't bad for me anyhow so I just held tight. The thought of them putting on a drive also went through my head. Not long after I see him lift his bow and start to draw. Quickly I grabbed mine just in case. Well here comes this buck I had trailcam pics at a fast trot. He whistled in an attempt to stop him, never stopped and he let an arrow zing right over it's back. Having a birds eye view I drew and let out a loud BLAHH, no luck so I did it louder. That time I got the bucks attention and he stopped bout 35 yards on the other side of me. It felt like it took me forever to let down and draw over again on the other side of the tree but when done the buck was still there broadside so I let one fly -----> it was cool watching the fletching disappear into the vitals. A little excited I turned to the neighbor kid raising an arm in the air and said lightly "I got him". He never knew I was there. Eventually his brother came through, by that time I was down and bout packed up and ready to head out after my buck. They asked to tag along so I said sure. I've hunted with their father years gone by but he moved away from their farm so we did some catching up. Had some good talk and I showed them the trailcam pic I got a few weeks earlier. I think we all walked away learning a little that evening.

Goes to show you that sometimes even when the hunt isn't going as planned you never know how things can change in an instant. Cool

Hanging in there 11ptbuck10-14-06-1

Hanging in there 10point9-20-2
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Hanging in there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanging in there   Hanging in there EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Thats a brute. Nice buck, great story. Thanks for sharing with us.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Hanging in there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanging in there   Hanging in there EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Thats a Great Buck Adam. And a great story. When someone does that to me Ill try and sit it out for as long as i can (even if i am upset about them comeing threw) you never know if they might bump one up to ya.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Hanging in there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanging in there   Hanging in there EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Yeah same here. I've had several hunters walk right up on me not really knowing im in that area, and a few mins. later, push deer right to me. So it really dosen't bother me.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Hanging in there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanging in there   Hanging in there EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:16 pm

thats a cool story and a nice buck
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

Hanging in there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanging in there   Hanging in there EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:20 pm

You never know. Great story and a great buck. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Hanging in there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanging in there   Hanging in there EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:40 am

Snivs wrote:
You never know. Great story and a great buck. Thanks for sharing.

X2
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Hanging in there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanging in there   Hanging in there EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Great story and buck Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
DR

DR

Hanging in there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanging in there   Hanging in there EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:36 am

Congrats on a nice buck and great story as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hanging in there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hanging in there   Hanging in there Empty

Back to top Go down

Hanging in there
Page 1 of 1