Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt

Go down 
+8
Snivs
Camoed Assassin
BowBo
Mark
LawCoBowhunter
30pointbuck
Robert
TheRomer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRomer

The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt Empty
PostSubject: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Man what a great morning for deer hunting. Ricky and I sat out in the box blind to start off the youth hunt and Andrew sat with Ernie (bowbo) up in a stand Robert and Nik went across the road and sat in a ground blind by the creek.

Got my first text from Robert saying there was a yote not 5 feet in front of him and Nik. and the next text was from Robert again saying there is another yote comeing by. then another text from Ernie saying he just had a yote come by. thought man the yotes are out today.then a bit later got another from Ernie asking me if we saw the 2 fawns cross the field.but we didnt see them.

So hear we are seeing nothing and everyone else has seen some sort of movement.
about a hour later ricky says dad there is 2 fawns in the beans and sure enough there they were crossing in front of us. I ask him if he wants to shot one and he decides he wants to wait on a buck so i said ok. and the 2 fawns come out of the beans and onto the lane and walk right past us and head on out down the lane. It was but 5 min hear they come back and i said you sure you dont want to shoot one. this time he thinks about it for a bit and says naw ill wait.

so there they go again back down the lane and away from us. after they got around 300 yrds away Ricky looks at me and says dad i prolly should have shot one. and he kinda got upset with himself for not. but i told him there will be more chance at deer that there is plenty of hunting left.

And the next thing i hear is dad they are comeing back, so i said ok here is your chance if you want to shot this time and he said yeah ill do it this time. so we get the gun up and ready and i said lets wait and let them get as close as they can.
they were in a dead beed right for us. the first one trots right past us and out of our set up. so i said lets get the 2nd one. she came into 10yrds and stopped broadside and I say are you on her and he said yeah ok take the safty off(click) and i say when your ready shoot and Kabam he puts the perfect shot on her and she runs about 25 to 30 yrd and falls in the lane. and boy was it a great felling to see him put the smack down on her like that.

WAY TO GO BUDDY cheers you got your first deer on your first hunt

here are a few pics,I also got it on film and when i get it on the computer ill post it up

The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt Img_0111
The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt Img_0112
The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt Img_0113

we have A hammer that we pass along to the person who gets a deer and here is Ernie passing it to Ricky.

The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt Img_0114
The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt Img_0115
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Good deer hunters must run in the romer family. I heard that gun go off this morning only once and I knew what had happened. Nik and I didn't see anything to shoot at but it was still a great morning. Ricky got his first deer and that's something to celebrate. He was trying to play it cool but I could tell he was excited. I heard there was even some dancing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Congrats to proud pops too
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Nice shot awesome picts. Way to go Congrats. Buddy.
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Man,that's awesome!Talking about a great shot,that's perfect!
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Great job Ricky....Congrats!!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
BowBo

BowBo

PostSubject: Re: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:33 pm

I was tickled to hear Ricky's semi auto 44 PCR echo out this morning....................... only once!!!! Very Happy

I KNEW BROWN WAS DOWN!!!

Congratulations again, on your first of MANY to come bud! bounce
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:39 pm

SWEET!! Good job Ricky.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:42 am

Great job Ricky. What a great time spent together.
Back to top Go down
The Littleast Romer

The Littleast Romer

PostSubject: Re: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Thanks everyone for the congrats. it was great getting out and hunt for the first time.

dad new right were to take me to get on a deer. yes i did let them pass 2 times but the 3rd time i couldnt take it anymore i just had to shoot one. Very Happy

Want to give dad a big thanks for letting me hunt this year cheers

now lets hope big brother can get one. they have been close but just havent worked out yet. maybe he will get one this eve.
Back to top Go down
DR

DR

PostSubject: Re: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Great story and congrats on the first on many.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:38 pm

Congrats young man! Way to go Ricky!
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Nice shot Ricky! I'm sure that picture will be etched in your mind forever, way to go on your first deer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt   The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt Empty

Back to top Go down

The Littlest Romer Scores on his youth hunt
Page 1 of 1