Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Opening day MD 8pt

Go down 
+4
volway
mathewsguy
30pointbuck
Snivs
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Snivs

Snivs

Opening day MD 8pt Empty
PostSubject: Opening day MD 8pt   Opening day MD 8pt EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:43 pm

I was fortunate enough to have my good buddy CA film my hunt. I picked this property up earlier in the season. We did not know the property line until 2 weeks ago when the owner sent me the deeded plat. With this in hand we set off and found a prime spot for opening day. Had we know this area was part of the property it would had been a prime rut stand. We were set up in the stand well before daylight. The wind was brutal. 20-30mph all day. The morning was slow. Had a few young bucks come by and a small spike that milled around for 30min 25yds from the stand. By 10:00 I was ready to go. I had enough of the wind. Don gave me crap and said no we need to stay. In my mind I knew that. All the other hunters would be coming out for lunch. At right around 11:00 we heard some deep and constant grunting. Then out of no where this brute was running a doe and a smaller buck was trying to get to her. The brute was throwing himself at the younger buck. They came through the field and to the edge of the woods at about 70yds. It was to thick, I could not get a shot. We thought they bedded down but never did see them again. Still battling the wind we had a few more smaller bucks come by. Don was filming one that came 6ft from the tree and went behind us. As we were watching him we heard something and we both turned to see the big 7pt at 15yds we have been watching since we got this property. He was on the move. Could not get a shot off. As we were talking about what the heck just happened and Don messing with me if I was ready to leave now. We both turned at the same time and in the same location the 7pt just ran through stood this mature 3 1/2 year old 8pt. I didn't know Don seen him and I was reaching around the tree trying to get his attention, Don was rolling the camera the whole time. He is telling me to shoot but I can't hear him due to the wind. I realize he has the camera rolling and I shoot this deer and he goes about 70yds and piles up. We can see just part of his antler sticking up. We looked at each other and said what the heck just happened. It happened all so quick. We ended up staying in the stand and switching places. Don took the hot seat and I got behind the camera. We ended up seeing a few smaller bucks move by us with a couple of does as night came. Just before dark those same bucks were chasing the does out into the field in front of us. Finally it was time to go check my buck out. Though not the biggest buck we have been seeing on the farm. It's definitely a good management buck for the property. Thanks Don.

Opening day MD 8pt DSCF00081
Opening day MD 8pt DSCF00021
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Opening day MD 8pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening day MD 8pt   Opening day MD 8pt EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Great story Snivs, Awesome Buck.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Opening day MD 8pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening day MD 8pt   Opening day MD 8pt EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:46 pm

congrats on a nice buck
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Opening day MD 8pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening day MD 8pt   Opening day MD 8pt EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Congrats Mike.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Opening day MD 8pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening day MD 8pt   Opening day MD 8pt EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Yeah buddy! That sounds like a great hunt for the two of you. Congrats on the kill.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Opening day MD 8pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening day MD 8pt   Opening day MD 8pt EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Nice buck! Sounds like a great hunt, congrats!
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Opening day MD 8pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening day MD 8pt   Opening day MD 8pt EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Nice buck...Congrats to you!!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Opening day MD 8pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening day MD 8pt   Opening day MD 8pt EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 pm

That was the best day I have spent in a deer stand during gun season in Maryland by far. We had deer moving around us pretty much all day. Usually during gun season deer are running for their lives but that day all the movement we saw was all natural deer movement. Great buck Snivs, congrats again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opening day MD 8pt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening day MD 8pt   Opening day MD 8pt Empty

Back to top Go down

Opening day MD 8pt
Page 1 of 1