Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Who started it for you

Go down 
+2
Camoed Assassin
Robert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert

Robert

Who started it for you Empty
PostSubject: Who started it for you   Who started it for you EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Would like to hear who or what started the passion and fever we all have for deer hunting. For me it was watching my dad go off to hunt when I was a little kid. He would always come home with a nice buck and I thought that was the coolest thing. I couldn't wait till I was old enough to go with him. Every year I would get so excited for him to get home with his deer. He has passed away now but I still believe he was one of the best deer hunters I've ever seen. He shot numerous deer and many in the 150 to 200 class range. He just knew where they were. 95% of all his deer were shot from the ground. He just didn't like treestands very much. Little or no camo and no scent spray. Just hunting the wind and finding where they were going to be. Here is one of the first pictures I have of him with a buck. I think it was his first nice buck when he was in his early 20's. His dad didn't deer hunt so when he got the bug for deer hunting he bought a Remington 870 smooth bore and got a spot to hunt and just started going. To this day I still wish I'd paid more attention to what he was teaching me all those years.

Who started it for you Dadpick
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Who started it for you   Who started it for you EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:46 pm

My cousin Wayne got me into hunting then into bowhunting. My dad doesn't hunt so I always tagged along with him and my cousin David. So I guess I can thank them for this Affliction.
Back to top Go down
DaveC

DaveC

PostSubject: Re: Who started it for you   Who started it for you EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:37 pm

My dad got me started deer hunting when I was 11. He always saved his vacations for November and hunted hard. Had some great times hunting with him. Here is a pic of Dad and my sons in December 2009.
They were taking a break before we headed back to the house.

Who started it for you Thecrew

Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Who started it for you   Who started it for you EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:39 pm

my dad got me into deerhunting but it was my neighbor who got me into bowhunting.. i remember going over to his house and watch him fling arrows. i purchased my first bare (bear) bow and he help me set it up and gave me arrows... I have my uncle byan to thank for gettim me ,and my dad, into turkey hunting..
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Who started it for you   Who started it for you EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:40 pm

Mine also was my father. He always hunted and brought nice deer home. He got me a bow when I was 5 and the passion started there. I still get to hunt with him every year for deer and turkey. I would say that he is my best friend. I soon will be sending in a resume in for a possible staff position soon. I have to go get some early hunting pics from their house.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Who started it for you   Who started it for you EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:00 am

My Dad was the one that got me into hunting at the age of 8, small game such as squirrels, rabbits and such, he took me deer hunting for the first time at the age of 11 during the Ohio regular shotgun season, ( was no youth season way back then! lol!) , shot a button buck on our second morning out. He never bowhunted but when I started showing interest in it he bought me my first bow at the age of 15 and through trial and error I shot my first deer at 17 two years later. No matter what I did my father always backed me and would go out of his way to help me in anyway he could, I would have to say that he was the most influental person in my life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who started it for you   Who started it for you Empty

Back to top Go down

Who started it for you
Page 1 of 1