Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Always wear a harness.

Go down 
+3
buckbuster217
Robert
Bowhunter83
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

Always wear a harness. Empty
PostSubject: Always wear a harness.   Always wear a harness. EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Well went out today to put all my stuff up, stands, feeder and what not. All went fairly smooth untill i broke out the pole saw and started trimming back some trees, well need to trim up one branch just outta reach, climbed about 5 ft up my ladder. Thought about hooking my harness to one of the straps for the ladder, but didn't. I had one foot on my ladder and my back against the same tree and my other foot against a tree in front of me and wedged myself pretty good. but yea it all happened really fast.. i felt myself go and threw the pole saw and tried to catch myself no luck. here is the aftermath.
Always wear a harness. Photo1-1
Always wear a harness. Photo-1
THere are 3 big scrapes 2 are border line needing stiches. I'm pretty sure I pulled a few muscles in abdomen, and screwed up my wrist. hopefully its just sore. But always wear a harness or something.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Always wear a harness.   Always wear a harness. EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:10 am

Sorry to hear that. I am glad that's the only damage you suffered though. Harnesses are so important. I watched my best friend fall 20 feet while we were moving stands. He ended up with a broken arm and some back injuries and such. Was one of the scariest moments I've ever been a part of.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Always wear a harness.   Always wear a harness. EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:05 pm

That sucks!! glad to hear you came out ok !!!!
Back to top Go down
fullrut

PostSubject: Re: Always wear a harness.   Always wear a harness. EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:43 pm

HOLY MOLY!!! Could have been worse though. Be Careful out there.
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: Always wear a harness.   Always wear a harness. EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:58 pm

thanks guys, yea i was sore as hell today. could barely get outta bed. It's a good reminder and the scars i'm sure to have will always be a good reminder also.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Always wear a harness.   Always wear a harness. EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Looks very sore, glad your ok.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Always wear a harness.   Always wear a harness. EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 pm

That sucks
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Always wear a harness.   Always wear a harness. EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:30 pm

glad you'll be ok.... I always wear my harness

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Always wear a harness.   Always wear a harness. Empty

Back to top Go down

Always wear a harness.
Page 1 of 1